Opposition, libtards opposing Citizenship Amendment Bill

Gollum

5 hours ago, raki05 said:

what do you have to say about these protests ..... do you see a pattern AMU, ZAMIA , Jadhavpur ,Murshidabad and topi dharak throwing stones on running train thrashing RFP personnels in Murshidabad  and than derogatory slogans against a certain religion , burning public properties in delhi  .This is the idea of India you were talking about

Violence, destruction of public property - throwing stones at police - these are crimes, not protest.  The former has to be dealt with by cops.  The latter is the right of citizens.  The former has to be dealt with by Police.  If mobs are throwing stones from inside University Campus and then hiding in college buildings, I can understand why cops would do what they did. BUT, I'm not sure exactly what's going on in the college student protests.  The Bengal mob violence is unquestionably that - the college protests are a bit murky.  I saw a very questionable video that showed a cop carefully spreading liquid over the seats? of a bus.  I don't want to jump to conclusions about whether it was innocent or not.  

I think the biggest problem I have right now with the  current situation is that I do not completely understand the facts of the matter.  In theory, the CAB seems relatively OK to me.  Providing asylum to migrants fleeing religious persecution, should not be mischaracterized as "discrimination against muslims".  So I do not quite understand why so much vitriol and blanket accusations of 'anti-muslim" being thrown around.  

But, I also do not support the blanket assertions made  by folks who don't like the protests and mob violence - "they" are all jihadis. "they" are all future terrorists.  That sort of hate-filled rhetoric is poison. And unjustifiable.  

I am not convinced by a couple of videos that the police was excessively brutal, I think its common across the planet that if you attack cops and a few cops get hurt, the entire police force gets pissed off and deploys non-lethal force indiscriminately.  BUT, I am also aware that police in India is not 100% trustworthy either.  They have been known in the past to act on "oopar se orders" and do dumb things.  So the possibility that students were unfairly attacked, exists.  

I see 2 sides indulging in a lot of inflammatory rhetoric - for the protestors, there is no filter, no reasoned, sound logic to their arguments - just a lot of accusations.  Same mindset is prevalent in a lot of folks, even on this thread, who are by default, assuming that muslim students, in a muslim university by "nature", must be guilty of something.  

Right now, there is violence, there is fear, there is confusion, misunderstanding.  I want to see better leadership across the  board.  I want to see professional conduct by police, I want to see better public statements from college leaders, protest leaders, condemning violence.  AND I want to see all citizen's right to protest be respected and accommodated.  Even those whose positions and opinions I disagree with.  

What I'm seeing from you and a few other posters on this thread - an eagerness to point fingers, name-calling, using shaky 'evidence' to assert pre-determined biases.  Let's be better than that.  

16 minutes ago, sergio04 said:

Do you have a problem with morons shouting "Ganpati bappa morya" at India's cricket games?  Thats a sporting event - this is an emotional protest.  It is absolutely common and normal for folks to assert moral and religious support when they are participating in a protest against injustice.  I personally think its not ideal to mix religion into a political protest.  But to take a simple religious slogan like above - connect it to partition violence - is bigotry.  It is actually hate speech on a much worse level than what's in the video.

Edited by sandeep