Opposition, libtards opposing Citizenship Amendment Bill

Gollum

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

BJP Just need to win a WC

83- Indiramma

2007/2011- Soniamma

Time for BJP to intervene and make Rohit the LOI captain :hitler:

Add 1985 BH and 2013 CT :((

But our test team has given us some great moments...2001 Aus series, 2003-04 Aus, 2004 Pak, 2015 onwards #1, 1st series win downunder, GOAT home stats

Sucked in all the Olympics under BJP reign, hope we make amends in Tokyo. 

Our badminton has thrived under the BJP govt :dance:, Jai Teluguland. 

9 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Before my reply, I just want to state that it should be possible for us to have a discussion on a certain topic without taking into account the religious background of the people in the debate. 

Hence I choose to reply to you and not to @Vilander who lacks any kind of understanding of the issue, and thereby can only resort to low level name calling.

In none of my posts have I ever mentioned that Muslim illegal migrants from Bangladesh be granted citizenship. I don't know why that is brought up repeatedly?

Various reports suggest that many student bodies in the North East and particularly Assam are against the Bill. I would imagine that these are the regions that would stand to gain most by such an amendment. They are against the bill for the simple reason, that they fear getting swamped even if it is by their co-coreligionists and fear loss of control/identity. Why would these people, whom the bill is ostentatiously supposed to benefit, be against it?

PS: Tribal parts of Assam and the North East are excluded from this Bill. Not the North East in its entirety.

Another point, is how do you verify religious persecution. How does one establish if a person is 'forced and/or compelled to seek shelter in India due to religious persecution on the ground of religion'? What if a an economic migrant claims to be persecuted etc etc. I do not know how the GoI is going to go about establishing credentials here.  

I will believe that he/she is persecuted if a Hindu/Buddhist/Sikh from Pak/Bangladesh wants to come to India and become citizen. It does matter if they are not really persecuted in real. Non-muslims in these countries can be given citizenship in India because these countries are created as Islamic nations and their ancestors could not come to India for whatever reason and now they want to come. That is sufficient reason for me to accept them in India as citizens.

In short, IMO GoI need not waste time and efforts in determining whether persecution of those people is genuine. 
All GoI need to do is that they are indeed non-muslims from Pak/BD/Afg as they claim themselves to be and want to be part of India. 

Congress wanted Communal Violence Bill where every Hindu would be seen as a criminal. Whereas, this CAB recognises Hindus can be victims. 

Its a welcome change, and all this debate is hogwash. Its only about two things. This Hindu can be victims? And Muslim veto? 

On 12/5/2019 at 6:39 PM, javier26 said:

There is Ram in Ramzaan and Ali in Diwali 

This one takes  the gold.  I remember in 90s there was an ad played on Doordarshan which they will keep repeating 10 times a day movie named "Data" starring Mithun and famous song " ye teri meri yari". In that Ad film bolded dialogue was widely used.

On 12/9/2019 at 4:04 AM, Gollum said:

Balakot

Mission Shakti

General election verdict

Triple Talaq abolition

Chidambaram jailed

370, bifurcation, UTs 

Hurriyat dogs, soft separatists, anti-national voices in Kashmir jailed

Chandrayaan II

Ayodhya verdict

CAB tabled

Maaan so much accomplished in one year...libtards ko kitna zaleel kiya :aha:doubt we will ever have another such bonanza year. 

Meh! All these are anti-Muslim!

[mention=24037]Tibarn[/mention] [mention=25956]Moochad[/mention] [mention=25771]Stradlater[/mention] Even if CAB is passed in RS what scope do milords have to overturn this? Will they cling on to basic structure, preamble etc to overturn the act? Fundamental rights is only for Indian citizens I think, will they be able to circumvent that? I don't know our constitution that well, what will the basis of the counter-argument? 

This is a huge moment in modern Indian history, trust libtards to throw spanner in the works. 
Basic structure, Preamble does not apply to foreigners.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

I am a little disappointed to see the views on this thread, particularly from posters I tend to agree with more often than not. I am not in favour of CAB and I am about as far from a libtard as one can possibly be.  Let's look at the main problems:

1) SECURITY THREAT

https://thewire.in/security/cab-could-be-misused-by-foreign-agents-to-infiltrate-india-raw-had-said

RAW had already raised concerns. What is to say that Pak (we'll ignore Afg and Bangladesh for now) won't send Hindus/Sikhs/Christians to spy on us? What if they send someone to cause trouble in Punjab? And they undoubtedly will. Their devious designs are already in place if you've watched the speeches of their ministers and leaders in the lead up to and post the opening of Kartarpur corridor. I have personally seen how Sindhis from Pakistan (Hindus) who live in India proudly claim that their hearts still beat for Pakistan. And you'd rather trust them than Indian Muslims? Shame on you guys!

2) Our relationship with N.E is weakened

In the aftermath of August 5 (which I fully endorse and agree was the need of the hour), Pakistan knows it can't hope to get Kashmir back. They will definitely try to start trouble in the N.E - see their leaders mouthing off about Nagaland, Manipur, etc. This Amendment Bill is being strongly opposed by N.E (Bhaichung Bhutia himself commented on it) and there are strong/violent protests in N.E if reports are to be believed. Given that they are so vital to our security interests and territorial integrity, is it worth antagonizing our own and taking in PAKISTANIS, AFGHANS AND BDs just so we can take in potential spies and terrorists from Pakistan?

Instead of focusing on things like the economy, rising onion prices and terrible cases of rape, we are talking about utterly useless nonsense like CAB. We are not Norway or Sweden and we don't have enough resources to feed our own. So effectively, what we are doing is:

1. Taking in potential security threats

2. Antagonizing vast sections of our own population (N.E, Muslims, etc.)

3. Depleting our already scarce resources - we are still a poor country all said and done

4. Tarnishing our image on the world stage

and some of you have the gall to label this as a great move! Absolutely sickening. I genuinely thought the current party would be an improvement over the Italian madam, but as more and more time passes, it is becoming apparent that they are just two sides of the same coin. Hopefully, the Supreme Court will strike this rubbish down and sense will prevail. India is for Indians: we don't need illegal immigrants from any religion. Period. 

And lol at having a go at Maryam - is this what it has come down to? We will push them into a corner and then cry foul when they respond.

Ye Abdul Hamid ki sarzameen hai, ye Asfaqullah Khan ki sarzameen hai, yaad rakho. Jai Hind :)