KL Rahul needs to play the aggressor role while opening in T20Is

5 hours ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

ipl-2018-dd-vs-kxip_62b45620-3b43-11e8-8

KL Rahul needs to play the aggressor role while opening with Rohit Sharma. Since Rohit Sharma starts out slow, KL Rahul needs to make use of the powerplay and attack from the get-go. He needs to play at a 160-170 strike rate if not more. Even if he scores a quick 30-odd, he would have put the team in a good position.

will never happen until TM realises that he is twice the batsman dhawan is (t20s) and start giving him some confidence about his place in team.

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

TM Needs to make him feel secure n permanet 1st

Rather team management should tell KL Rahul that this is what they expect from him. Don't worry about getting a big score but rather get a quick start for India and blast the opposition. He did it well for Kings XI Punjab in 2018 while opening with Gayle.

1 minute ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Rather team management should tell KL Rahul that this is what they expect from him. Don't worry about getting a big score but rather get a quick start for India and blast the opposition. He did it well for Kings XI Punjab in 2018 while opening with Gayle.

He knws he ll play all games here

In our team he is not sure of his place despite performing. This tm has affected players natural game by making them insecure.

14 hours ago, ExtremeBrainfade said:

A cricketing fantasy for me is that India bats first on a patta wkt, and KLR and RGS both stay all 20 overs.  300 total from 120 balls.

I think it almost happened vs SL when Rohit got the fastest 100 and KL got a 80 odd I think.

KL Rahul seem to be coming back and gaining his confidence in shorter formats with a good outing in domestic and 1st T20 vs WI 

If he is given continuous chance now without break for another 10-12 matches in shorter  version , he can become very good in shorter format. 

But i am sure TM will not give him that luxury due to obsession with Dhawan and no future vision.

Really sad state of affairs , they do not seem to recognize real talent to be backed with. .