By 2050, India will have world’s largest Muslim population

Gollum

7 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

This is not how the world works. World works on two axioms: influence and money. Money we expats or PIOs earn and send to India makes a definitive difference in Indian way of life. Influence works in two ways: you either resist the foreign hostiles at home or you go to their camp and change them from within. 

I cant believe most Indians don’t realize this given how successful China has been with this.

I've heard this argument before and I can buy it from someone with an Indian passport. If you've given up your passport, then you're no longer Indian - at least officially - and it makes any chest thumping about patriotism or culture shallow.

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Easy there.

You can pray to whoever you wish to and yet cling on to your own rich history and culture. A lot of it is syncretic.

Who is the 'we' here? Aren't you Canadian? Don't you have to make a snowman or something?

I think Mulo gets carried away on occasion after watching a few too many Chanakya episodes with a few Patiala Pegs.  They do say that the Bengalis, not unlike the Japanese and Native Americans, have a slightly lower alchohol tolerance:p:

On 12/10/2019 at 2:58 PM, Dil Dil India said:

We should have a max 2 child policy and overwhelmingly favour those with 1 child. Our population is a huge problem and now we are also going to take in leeches so the problem will only grow exponentially.

1 is less than replacement rate. 

and some sections of society that can not care about due to their religion, or afford or have access to free contraceptives will make more babies and we will replace the country with morons.  

2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

wrong OCI is an overseas Indian. He cant vote but is Indian. 

I've had this discussion before and it's a little tedious. Technically, it is overseas citizen of India - he's not an Indian citizen in the sense of being a passport holder. There is a subtle but definite difference.

On 12/10/2019 at 3:09 PM, MechEng said:

@Gollum See the positives of becoming a muslim:

1.) You will get a sweet feminine spouse. No deadly feminists.

2.) Awesome food during Ramadan.

actually one thing that is amazing about Islam is their male centrist ideology. Their spousal role definitions for female whilst not very liberating for the female would still be very 'convenient' for the male. Their food is amazing. Just need that religion to be more tolerant and be more pro science, it will be a great interim state for humanity till stellar civilization.

5 minutes ago, Vilander said:

1 is less than replacement rate. 

and some sections of society that can not care about due to their religion, or afford or have access to free contraceptives will make more babies and we will replace the country with morons.  

It's precisely them who should be "punished". Tax them more if needed (if from rich families) and remove LPG subsidy etc so that even those who are not well off have no option but to adhere to it.

2 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

I've had this discussion before and it's a little tedious. Technically, it is overseas citizen of India - he's not an Indian citizen in the sense of being a passport holder. There is a subtle but definite difference.

yeah it says overseas citizen of India though. 

40 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

I've heard this argument before and I can buy it from someone with an Indian passport. If you've given up your passport, then you're no longer Indian - at least officially - and it makes any chest thumping about patriotism or culture shallow.

Yes because I can actually challenge a terrorist supporter like Jagmeet Singh on an Indian passport instead of being labelled a RAW agent trying to influence a foreign election. Again, as I said, learn from the Chinese. They get passports in US or Canada, then wield political power to support candidates who will be pro-China. 

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

yeah it says overseas citizen of India though. 

It's not the same thing. If you go through the stuff the immigration department has on their site, you will see something along the lines of..."IS a citizen of another country and WAS a citizen of India etc." or something to that effect. I am sure Mulo himself agrees on that specific point. I am talking in terms of technicalities of course. He can still be an Indian at heart or any of that subjective stuff.

dont create irrelevant fissures where there is none. All Indians are Indians first, some of them elsewhere are something else first and Indians second but still Indian some others especially the very peaceful within India are something else first and then Indian too that is the actual problem.  :laugh:

24 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I think Mulo gets carried away on occasion after watching a few too many Chanakya episodes with a few Patiala Pegs.  They do say that the Bengalis, not unlike the Japanese and Native Americans, have a slightly lower alchohol tolerance:p:

His posts these days are from a kattar hindu, he wants to know where RSS is in Kaneda, a year ago, he was trolling me as a blind racist Hindutvadi, is telling the same things I was saying a year ago. Either his account has been hacked or his nephew is posting from his account, less abusive and controlled. Must be on a good strain of hashish! Peace, bro :canabis::rock: Maybe seeing what's happening in Bengal is converting him.

no one created any fissures. Was just saying it's easier to talk about Indian culture sitting 10,000 km away while not being Indian. It was a general comment and Mulo knows that. 

Mulo, agree re. Chinese strategy...but theirs is actually a strategy...let's not pretend Indians actually have that in mind when they give up their pp. Most don't (not saying that includes you necessarily).

4 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

It's not the same thing. If you go through the stuff the immigration department has on their site, you will see something along the lines of..."IS a citizen of another country and WAS a citizen of India etc." or something to that effect. I am sure Mulo himself agrees on that specific point. I am talking in terms of technicalities of course. He can still be an Indian at heart or any of that subjective stuff.

on the OCI card it says the person is an Overseas Indian citizen.  That person can do prettymuch everything that a Indian living in India with passport or without it can do with the exception of voting and buying agri land. 

Its an absolute. Nothing much to argue there. 

5 minutes ago, Vilander said:

on the OCI card it says the person is an Overseas Indian citizen.  That person can do prettymuch everything that a Indian living in India with passport or without it can do with the exception of voting and buying agri land. 

Its an absolute. Nothing much to argue there. 

I don't want to continuethis b/c the thread has been sidetracked enough. You're not an Indian national w/o an Indian pp and you aren't conferred all the benefits that an Indian citizen has. On the card it says Ovs citizen of India, not Ovs Ind citizen. I understand this is a touchy issue but I am talking objectively on technicalities. If you want to discuss this further, create a new thread.

2 hours ago, Dil Dil India said:

I don't want to continuethis b/c the thread has been sidetracked enough. You're not an Indian national w/o an Indian pp and you aren't conferred all the benefits that an Indian citizen has. On the card it says Ovs citizen of India, not Ovs Ind citizen. I understand this is a touchy issue but I am talking objectively on technicalities. If you want to discuss this further, create a new thread.

No problem i think we agree it says overseas citizen of india indeed. So its settled nothing to discuss in a thread.

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

No problem i think we agree it says overseas citizen of india indeed. So its settled nothing to discuss in a thread.

Overseas Citizen of India - which is not Overseas Indian Citizen as claimed above.  They are different and the subtle distinction which underlines why India doesn't allow dual citizenship. 

4 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

Overseas Citizen of India - which is not Overseas Indian Citizen as claimed above.  They are different and the subtle distinction which underlines why India doesn't allow dual citizenship. 

Ok overseas citizen of india that would do ask some resident coffeerules he can buy your property too :laugh:

6 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Ok overseas citizen of india that would do ask some resident coffeerules he can buy your property too :laugh:

Bhai I don't know why you guys take everything personally. Kisipe personal attack nahi hai. 

The Overseas Citizenship of India is an immigration status permitting a foreign citizen of Indian origin to live and work in the Republic of India indefinitely. The Constitution of India prevents Indian citizens from holding dual citizenship. As such the OCI is not actual citizenship of India according to Indian law

Major differences:

• to vote;
  • to be a member of a Legislative Assembly or of a Legislative Council or of the Parliament of India;
  • to hold Indian constitutional posts such as that of the President, Vice President, Judge of the Supreme Court or High Court etc.;
  • He/she cannot normally hold employment in the Government
  • to undertake any Missionary work, Mountaineering and Journalism without prior permission of the Govt. of India;
  • OCI cardholder shall also require Protected Area Permit (PAP)/Restricted Area Permit (RAP) to visit any place which falls within the Protected/Restricted Area notified by the Government as in the case of any other foreigner.

Indulging in childish stuff without knowing anything about the person you're talking to is...well..childish. Jai Hind!

Edited by Dil Dil India

14 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

Bhai I don't know why you guys take everything personally. Kisipe personal attack nahi hai. 

The Overseas Citizenship of India is an immigration status permitting a foreign citizen of Indian origin to live and work in the Republic of India indefinitely. The Constitution of India prevents Indian citizens from holding dual citizenship. As such the OCI is not actual citizenship of India according to Indian law

Major differences:

• to vote;
  • to be a member of a Legislative Assembly or of a Legislative Council or of the Parliament of India;
  • to hold Indian constitutional posts such as that of the President, Vice President, Judge of the Supreme Court or High Court etc.;
  • He/she cannot normally hold employment in the Government
  • to undertake any Missionary work, Mountaineering and Journalism without prior permission of the Govt. of India;
  • OCI cardholder shall also require Protected Area Permit (PAP)/Restricted Area Permit (RAP) to visit any place which falls within the Protected/Restricted Area notified by the Government as in the case of any other foreigner.

Indulging in childish stuff without knowing anything about the person you're talking to is...well..childish. Jai Hind!

Look i Dont really care what you are. I have not denied any of this its irrelevant to the discussion. Oci is exactly what it is overseas citizenship of India with it a card hold can buy and own property and register it in their name and live and work in India.  Its not up to you to call any one with that status not Indian sorry. Now if someone abuses it and does anti india work ofcourse it can be cancelled we have seen that happen. I don't think we are disagreeing on anything. Not sure what is your point ? 

Edited by Vilander