ssurenn

Sri Lanka tour of Pakistan , Test Series Thread

Rawalpindi Test kicks off today. 

~ Pakistan have lost 8 straight games across T20Is and Tests.

~ Sri Lanka have enjoyed wins over South Africa and New Zealand in 2019.

~ If weather permits, any result is possible

4 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

In the 21 home tests Pakistan has played against Srilanka so far, they have won 8 and lost 6. That is a poor record considering the fact that SL have 0 test wins in India

I think Murali ran through them back then.  Don’t know if Herath played regularly back then 

Maybe that Sadakan or is it Sandakan guy can run through them. 

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

I think Murali ran through them back then.  Don’t know if Herath played regularly back then 

Maybe that Sadakan or is it Sandakan guy can run through them. 

Murali got wickets against them as expected but there were a few others who did well too. They lost 2 tests in 95 while chasing 4th innings targets. Vaas got 4 wickets each time. Among the batsmen De Silva , Tilakaratne, Ranatungs etc scored runs

10 minutes ago, Norman said:

Does anyone know how their test match wickets were like when it was played there ? 

I mean are they typical subcontinent dry wickets with spin or a bit different ? 

A bit unpredictable wickets really. You don't see rank turners in Pakistan. Those are rare. Their curators were quite stupid from what I've learnt. They have served up seamer -friendly and very slow wickets  that have actually worked in the opposition's favour. Then there is the other extreme where they produce extremely flat featherbeds that can produce scores like 600/4. You don't find balanced wickets like you do in India. 

11 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

Anyone watching live? Does the pitch warrant 4 fast bowlers? Given the strict over rate rules and everything

Its overcast there but ball is not moving much either in the air or off the pitch. Bounce is nothing alarming too. So don't think pitch warranted 4 fast bowlers. 

4 hours ago, Norman said:

Sri Lanka are playing without their best batsman (KP) and best bowler (Lakmal). If poyz still lose this..... time for them to quit cricket and concentrate on Hockey or their other national sport. :target:

Hey we aren't used to playing on these pitches :phehe: