Knock the top 3 India has no resistance left

vvvslaxman

10 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

T20 is going that route as well. Ideally 4,5,6 should be more dangerous in T20 than top 3.  

how do u asses that as those guys hardly get a chance to bat in bilateral. Our top 3 clean of 80% of games in these bilateral , they ll be in deep end in a KO.

Rohit n kohli needs to be rested in many series from now on alternately and there are enough poor sides around the world to do that 

27 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

I hope this useless series win shouldn't be the reason for some players to continue. Get in SKY for middle order slot next series, let him sink or swim. 

actually this has been a good competitive series and has given us some positive gains

Rahul...ends dhawan t20 career hopefully

Dube ....hopefully he does this in more games

WI hitter exposed jadeja the t20 cricketer

So actually a good series 

Yes SKY shud be tried in next series, hopefully we rest rohit n kohli in series against SL now. Lets give Samson n Sky a try

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

actually this has been a good competitive series and has given us some positive gains

Rahul...ends dhawan t20 career hopefully

Dube ....hopefully he does this in more games

WI hitter exposed jadeja the t20 cricketer

So actually a good series 

Yes SKY shud be tried in next series, hopefully we rest rohit n kohli in series against SL now. Lets give Samson n Sky a try

He had one middling knock and his bowling is cannon fodder. The knock wasn't assured not had any plan or direction. Had he carried on after 50, I might have given him the benefit of doubt. what exactly do you want from him :hmmmm2:

By the way he is marginally better than I thought he was.

Edited by maniac
Just now, maniac said:

He had one middling knock and his bowling is cannon fodder.

how many knocks u want in 3 games....he got a chance in one innings only

Yea his bowling is bad but we all knew that didnt we , he wud be a 6th bowler max if he plays 

Just now, maniac said:

The knock wasn't assured not had any plan or direction. Had he carried on after 50, I might have given him the benefit of doubt. what exactly do you want from him :hmmmm2:

By the way he is marginally better than I thought he was.

Coz he played a comparatively new ball which moves a bit, also he was nervous since he hasnt established himself . 

As i said we need to try and see how good or bad he is , i have my doubts about him to since day -1 and i still do but we have to try with watever we have. I feel at some stage he ll be found out which every young cricketer but rather we shud see does he have enough qualities to invest in him. 

He has earned one more series and hopefully he plays ODI also now which will give us more idea about him. 

2 minutes ago, ganeshran said:

This is why we are winning bilaterals but not silverware. With a weak middle order you eventually get found out in the latter stages of tournament when the top order fails 

They aint weak they just dont get enough opportunities, no one gets better without playing in different situation

T20 more than odis is a top three batsmen's game but the team needs few batsmen who can hit the ball hard from ball one and have ability to play shots all around the wicket.It is a thankless job so it is better suited for older players and bowlers who can use long handle.I would want to try SYK

2 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

Whoever the wicketkeeper is will have to bat at #5 the highest. Team India has way too much competition for the top 3 spots in white ball cricket. 

batting at 5 is a problem for samson not for kishen, pant, DK

Samson doesnt keep regulalry for his state side which doesnt help either, With KL keeping more regularly now i wont be surprised if teams start to look at him soon

Again same thing I have been repeating for years , it’s easy to have a strong top order these days . Replace the Indian Top3 with any of the stronger domestic sides, you will not see much difference.

You simply need to have different yardstick picking middle order bats. Firstly I would stop picking 3-4 openers in the squad, you don’t even need a backup opener for LOIs . Pick guys who regularly finish off matches for their domestic sides and give them a long run,need to have lot more patience here than we generally have with openers .

Yuvi still holds the record for top three fastest T20 50s for India. There is so much IPL and all other t20 domestic tournaments, have we found any Indian batsmen excelling in role of middle order??? I don't recollect any great knock by  middle order batsmen from India.DK is the only guy who comes to picture.