Sign in to follow this  
vvvslaxman

What is the potentially best ATG Indian T20 XI.

Can't believe Yusuf hasn't been mentioned yet.  Prime Yusuf was a quality T20 gun.  I will never forget the valiant effort he put in after Jadeja's shitshow with the bat in 2009.  The sight of Yusuf on his knees, desperately praying after hitting a 6, trying to get India home, was something else.

Assuming all players are at their absolute best - i.e. RP Singh in his WT2007 form, same for Yuvi, Yusuf in his 2009 form etc

1. Sachin Tendulkar (KL Rahul if you insist on T20I stats)
  2. Gautam Gambhir
  3. Virat Kohli
  4. Yuvraj Singh
  5. Yusuf Pathan
  6. Hardik Pandya
  7. MS Dhoni
  8. Harbhajan / Ashwin
  9.  Bhuvi / RP Singh
  10.  Y Chahal
  11.  Jaspreet Bumrah

9 hours ago, R!TTER said:

I'd put GG or Sehwag at the top with KL, Rahul also keeps & no BK :no:

GG has to be there, although Kohli is like a ++ version of GG. I'd have them both in there. 

Who partners Bumrah with new ball and death?  Not Irfan - not quick enough, he never was.  Only guy who has a case is peak RP Singh - the guy who only showed himself in that inaugural T20 WC.  Or maybe Ashish Nehra.  Appam Chutiya is not in contention due to his misdeeds.  I would pick Bhuvi over Zaheer in T20s any day. 

Shami bhai might not be a good T20 bowler, still I believe resurrected Texter  is an all weather, hit the deck kind of bowler who is good for most conditions/pitches. Others like Bhuvi, Nehraji may come short in certain conditions. Peak RP is also fine.

10 hours ago, R!TTER said:

I'd put GG or Sehwag at the top with KL, Rahul also keeps & no BK :no:

52 minutes ago, sandeep said:

GG has to be there, although Kohli is like a ++ version of GG. I'd have them both in there. 

10 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

GG is a crunch player. But not explosive like Sehwag (who was inconsistent) or kl Rahul. Yusuf has a case. But no spots left

Even GG was good in 1st t20 Wc after that next 3 t20 Wcs he didnt do well at all 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Even GG was good in 1st t20 Wc after that next 3 t20 Wcs he didnt do well at all 

GG is a tip and run batsman and score occasional fast 50s. But definitely an absolute crunch player. India would have never flunked in the world cup if we had had him open.

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

Another interesting thing we only discuss about Sehwag/Rahul/GG as opener.

Sehwag had a very Poor t20 record

Rahul is yet to be tested in wc but has an outstanding t20 record

Gambhir falls short for me becoz of Rohit kohli , with them u need a basher

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

Not Dhawan. It clearly shows everyone realizes he is unfit for T20. But our management sucks. They will bring him back again.

nahin 1 namuna hai abhi bhi who think otherwise:p:

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Can't believe Yusuf hasn't been mentioned yet.  Prime Yusuf was a quality T20 gun.  I will never forget the valiant effort he put in after Jadeja's shitshow with the bat in 2009.  The sight of Yusuf on his knees, desperately praying after hitting a 6, trying to get India home, was something else.

Assuming all players are at their absolute best - i.e. RP Singh in his WT2007 form, same for Yuvi, Yusuf in his 2009 form etc

1. Sachin Tendulkar (KL Rahul if you insist on T20I stats)
  2. Gautam Gambhir
  3. Virat Kohli
  4. Yuvraj Singh
  5. Yusuf Pathan
  6. Hardik Pandya
  7. MS Dhoni
  8. Harbhajan / Ashwin
  9.  Bhuvi / RP Singh
  10.  Y Chahal
  11.  Jaspreet Bumrah

this is atg ?

IPL 78 11 2334 100* 34.83 119.81 1 13 295 29 23 0
CLT20 13 0 265 69 20.38 109.05 0 1 34 4 3 0

4 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Interesting that most people have DK in their team but he is nowhere near the current T20I squad. He's 34, but easily has a couple of years of cricket left... Again, we're talking just T20s and no other formst

Easy choice....the other one was so worse that if pant had played 3-4 more innings by now pant wud have been in everyone XI 

The others never played so much to fail, dhoni akela hi itna hagga hai t20 men ki kisi aur ko haggne ka chance hi nahin mila

44 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Interesting that most people have DK in their team but he is nowhere near the current T20I squad. He's 34, but easily has a couple of years of cricket left... Again, we're talking just T20s and no other formst

Age is not that much of a factor in this format. Besides DK is a very fit guy. Just made a century in the Ranji against Karnatka.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Moronic selectors selected DK for odi world cup and have left out DK who is the best finisher in the country in t20s. There is noone who comes close to his skillset.

Exactly. I don't see any reason to leave out DK from T20. He should be selected only for that format in Internationals. DK and Pandya should be at 6 and 7.

Top 3 select themselves. 4 and 5 should be Iyer/Dube/Pant selected on a match-to-match basis.

8,9 - Sundar/Kuldeep/Chahal

9,10,11 - three quicks

That should be the squad.

1 hour ago, bowl_out said:

Exactly. I don't see any reason to leave out DK from T20. He should be selected only for that format in Internationals. DK and Pandya should be at 6 and 7.

Top 3 select themselves. 4 and 5 should be Iyer/Dube/Pant selected on a match-to-match basis.

8,9 - Sundar/Kuldeep/Chahal

9,10,11 - three quicks

That should be the squad.

Yea.. but Kohli won't pick him after KKD failing in the world cup.  He is one guy who doesn't waste time settling down. If anything he is opposite of lot of other batsmen. Giving him time to settle down is the ultimate recipe for disaster. He should not have any time to settle down.

8 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yea.. but Kohli won't pick him after KKD failing in the world cup.  He is one guy who doesn't waste time settling down. If anything he is opposite of lot of other batsmen. Giving him time to settle down is the ultimate recipe for disaster. He should not have any time to settle down.

Yes, wrong inference based on wrong format. He got picked for ODI and even Tests based on his Nidahas trophy show... Now gets dropped in T20s because he failed in ODI

When you say T20 XI, do we count IPL/non T20 int or just T20I.

If just T20I then:

1) Gautam Gambhir

2) Rohit Sharma

3) Virat Kohli

4) Yuvraj Singh

5) MSD

6) Raina

7) Hardik Pandya (cheating a bit here, but I am sure he'll end up with excellent performances)

8) Bhuvi

9) Ashwin

10)Chahal

11)J.Bumrah

I am not happy with Dhoni in T20I all time 11 because he just doesn't have that kind of record but until Pant plays 20-30 games more and does well it's hard to look past MS because no one else has played anywhere close to the number of games he has.

12 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

When you say T20 XI, do we count IPL/non T20 int or just T20I.

If just T20I then:

1) Gautam Gambhir

2) Rohit Sharma

3) Virat Kohli

4) Yuvraj Singh

5) MSD

6) Raina

7) Hardik Pandya (cheating a bit here, but I am sure he'll end up with excellent performances)

8) Bhuvi

9) Ashwin

10)Chahal

11)J.Bumrah

I am not happy with Dhoni in T20I all time 11 because he just doesn't have that kind of record but until Pant plays 20-30 games more and does well it's hard to look past MS because no one else has played anywhere close to the number of games he has.

@velu will have mixed reaction about this team :cantstop: