UK Polls - Tories expected to get majority

coffee_rules

Liberalism only needs to reinvent itself like it did after WWII. There has been cycles where Liberalism has found itself in a crisis. One good example is when Nationalism, Nazism, Fascism and Communism were popular in Europe during the 1930s. Like before, Liberalism only needs to reinvent itself and make itself relevent again. This ’crisis’ is actually not something new.

What’s so fascinating is that liberalism’s popularity tends to spike right after major conflicts end (WWI in 1918, WWII in 1945 and the Cold War in 1991). Liberalism tends to be unpopular before major wars break out though.

I suggest everyone read the first few chapters of Yuval Noah Harari’s book: 21 lessons for the 21st century. It talks about this in great detail.

Nonetheless, I still feel like Authoritarianism will be the next big thing. Because of China’s rise, a lot of countries are losing hope in western-style liberal democracy.

(by Adam)

Good thing seems to be this that extremist Muslims will be the biggest losers. Bad thing will be that even innocent moderate Muslims will also pay the heavy price, just like the Jews paid it in the Europe. 

27 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Yes, regarding Scotland, I think you are right. If they want to leave, thay can leave. But you cant have referendum after referendum. Its similar to "Remainers" asking for another referendum.

It should be max one referendum per generation. That referendum is done. Now next generation can come 25 years later and decide if they want to be part of Union.

Liberals lost ONLY due to the Muslims:

This is a dream about world without borders, without racism, without hatred, without wars. 

Liberal would have succeeded in achieving this dream, had there been no extremist Muslims around. 

Actually, Muslims have back-stabbed the Liberalism in all the European countries through their Kafirophobia. Therefore, liberals had to carry the load of the sins of the Muslims too. Finally they were rejected by the European people. 

After Muslims, the biggest future threat to Liberalism is the rise of China. 

I was telling the Liberals every where to get rid of the load of the sins of the extremist Muslims, but move little towards the center. But actually they moved to far left, while the world situation at moment was not ready for these far left policies. 

13 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

This is a dream about world without borders, without racism, without hatred, without wars. 

Liberal would have succeeded in achieving this dream, had there been no extremist Muslims around. 

Actually, Muslims have back-stabbed the Liberalism in all the European countries through their Kafirophobia. Therefore, liberals had to carry the load of the sins of the Muslims too. Finally they were rejected by the European people. 

I was telling the Liberals every where to get rid of the load of the sins of the extremist Muslims, but move little towards the center. But actually they moved to far left, while the world situation at moment was not ready for these far left policies. 

Yes, Lets blame Islamophobia

6 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

That is unfortunately the root of the problem. I won't target Muslims here but in the real world you cannot expect everyone to like you. The overly altruistic/intellectual worldview of the left wing politics is what distances them from reality and that is where common people get angry at them.

Re Scotland

Boris will first break from the EU. Then even if there is a referendum (personally i dont think he will grant one) Scotland will have to first apply for EU membership which will be refused by spain as they dont want Catalunya becoming an EU member and separately.

Fundamentally what people are forgetting is that the UK could leave the EU cause it had a solid currency of its own, the pound. UK avoided a recession cause the pound sucked out any pressure by devaluing 20%. Scotland leaving will neither have the currency and will have to wait for a few year even if EU accepts membership.

In addition, when the first referendum took place in September 2014 Brent crude was hovering around $100. Its currently $67.  the price of oil was the economic reason underpinning the reason to separate.