England leave out Joe Root from the T20I squad for South Africa tour

tweaker

England announced the squads for the limited-overs leg of the tour and have left out their Test captain Joe Root from the T20 squad. Also, Pat Brown, Tom Banton, Saqib Mahmood and Matt Parkinson who made their T20I debut in New Zealand have received ODI call-ups.

England have continued to explore more options and rest their top players on the tour with Stokes, Archer and Buttler not being the part of the ODI squad. The national selector Ed Smith cleared that they have picked both the squads keeping the T20 World Cup in mind.

6 hours ago, tweaker said:

England announced the squads for the limited-overs leg of the tour and have left out their Test captain Joe Root from the T20 squad. Also, Pat Brown, Tom Banton, Saqib Mahmood and Matt Parkinson who made their T20I debut in New Zealand have received ODI call-ups.

England have continued to explore more options and rest their top players on the tour with Stokes, Archer and Buttler not being the part of the ODI squad. The national selector Ed Smith cleared that they have picked both the squads keeping the T20 World Cup in mind.

Well you can see kohlis bhakt who were hiding post wc debacle tirelessly busy in singing his brave achievement post bd and wi performance. I mean it's modus operandi of bcci we screw in world event and then bd and wi will always be ready to make our flop star superstar again.

What was the harm in trying out Siraj,Saini , Prasidh,Avesh Khan against West Indies.

Bumrah and Bhubaneswar are injured,Shami should have been rested in this series.

Why always Shardul,Unadkat,Dhawal, are in the forefront in the queue prepared by the selection committee committee.

Surya Kumar Yadav, Shreyas Gopal,Gautam, Agarwal,should have played in the places of Jadhav,Jadeja etc

28 minutes ago, tweaker said:

South Africa has also selected six uncapped players for the test series against England and we can't select 2 uncapped players against Windies either in T20 or odi

Trying to channel my inner @putrevus England is trying players not as experiment but they have a lot of vacant spots. Same goes for SA.

India has no open slots and why should they try new positions? Why should the top 3 miss out on easy runs and sacrifice their average?

Sahi bola na bhau?

2 hours ago, maniac said:

Trying to channel my inner @putrevus England is trying players not as experiment but they have a lot of vacant spots. Same goes for SA.

India has no open slots and why should they try new positions? Why should the top 3 miss out on easy runs and sacrifice their average?

Sahi bola na bhau?

But there are other spots.Instead of picking Thakur, they could have selected any of Saini,Siraj etc.

Shami ,Jadeja, Jadhav, could have been rested and Surya kumar Yadav, Gautam, Gopal,Jalaj, Siraj, Saini could have been selected in the squad

Saw Rishabh Pant interview today. He was saying there is nothing like playing natural game. One has to play according to situation.

The team management has put fear in his mind .He would now have to play for his place in the side and curb his natural instinct.

It's pity that inspite of having a good batsman a young player has to sacrifice his natural game to satisfy the team management