Played Professional Cricket ?

Tiger

I was browsing through the site and saw most of you guys here are cricket manics (so am i :hic: ) I was wondering how many of you actually play or played on a competitive level like inter-college or Dist. level, state level so on n so forth.(Leather ball cricket). I was a middle order LHB and a medium pacer during my engg. days. I also played on club level (dist. championship) for couple of years after my engineering. A back injury pretty much ended my cricket..lol. Anyway...care to share ur cricket involvement ? P.S @mods: I tried searching for a similer post so that I dont repost it but couldnt find a similer thread. If there is one then I apologize and kindly merge this one with the old thread.

Re: Played Professional Cricket ?

P.S @mods: I tried searching for a similer post so that I dont repost it but couldnt find a similer thread. If there is one then I apologize and kindly merge this one with the old thread.
No worries you don't have to be apologetic just because you created a thread. There is no such thing as you should not create another thread with regards to the same topic. If there are duplicates we can merge it anyways. In future don?t take pain to search before you post. I can't really say I've played professional cricket as I wasn't always paid to play cricket but I've had my share of competitive cricket for many years. I have been through club exchanges, academies, clinics, played with or against quite a few international cricketers (won't bother naming them) and I still play good competitive cricket. I suppose I should retire in a year or two at the most. Can't play tennis ball cricket for life though :eew: I've given it a try few times when I've been to India but just can't time the ball enough. :shrug:

Re: Played Professional Cricket ? anybody here played against a bowling machine? :hic: nowadays they have nets in bombay, where the machine bowls u 3 overs for 30 rupees(after bargaining :lmao: ). pretty good, machine bowls at 120 ... good fun.. but kinda weird.. playing cricket against a machine, where u dont know when the ball is just gonna blast out, and every1 looking at you, rickshaws honking, etc :hic:

Re: Played Professional Cricket ? I have couple of sessions with the bowling machine in a week. It is a good tool to bring in little changes. Don't tell me the bowling machine is used at the grounds in India? We use the bowling machine at the academy and we also have one at our local club.

Re: Played Professional Cricket ? bowling machine eh ?...nice. Never played against a bowling machine. The bowlers I played against themselves were biga$$ machines :lmao: I still remember one ball had penetrated my defense and had hit me square on front thigh....maa kasam nani yaad aa gayi thi. I had such a bad hamstring after that..lol @ravi why do I get a feeling that ur one of the current or past indian cricketers :hic: cmon..be sporty and tell us some of the int. stars u played again:)

Which mall was this? Will have to check it out soon!
bombay-> somebody told me that there's one at the new mall at worli,forgot the name, its opposite poonam, the one with the rolls royce showroom. edit- the mall at worli is called "Atria Mall" the machine i played against was at "Center One Mall".. its on the way from mumbai to lonavala.. i think its vashi or some place...

Geez in a mall :chin: How about the gear though?
no gear.. i got a video, that my frnd took of me slogging. if u want, i can link it.
Without gear :chin: It must be a different kind of bowling machines that we use here (in NZ I mean). We play with the hard ball without seam. http://www.bola.co.uk/cricket.html is the one we use here. You need to use the gear otherwise the chances are you will get killed. :hic:

bowling machine eh ?...nice. Never played against a bowling machine. The bowlers I played against themselves were biga$$ machines :lmao: I still remember one ball had penetrated my defense and had hit me square on front thigh....maa kasam nani yaad aa gayi thi. I had such a bad hamstring after that..lol @ravi why do I get a feeling that ur one of the current or past indian cricketers :hic: cmon..be sporty and tell us some of the int. stars u played again:)
No way am I an Indian cricketer, hell no. I've played with a few Indian cricketers though. This was way back. I've played with quite a few Kiwi cricketers. I am too bored to state the names mate. I will take the easy way out, search for my posts and use the string Srinath or Rahul.

Re: Played Professional Cricket ? I was a hardcore gully and dust bowl cricket ground player :wtg: My knees were so messed up that I used to wrap them up tight with skin coloured stretchable bandage to continue playing. Being a Kapil Dev at heart I continued bowling my knees to the ground. Argh! the pain when I used to land on my left knee :Cry: I used to think that tough men ignored pain and carried on :lmao: I used to live for cricket...studying/school were things that got in the way. Not that I studied much :-) My cricket heart was bigger than my actual game that is why I ain't playing for India :lmao: