Indore !!!

velu

"behind Kolkata" - ok, gtfo.  East or West, Bombay is the best.

That's it, you Bombay/Mumbai (choose one name damn it) folks are out of order, first @Mariyam and then you. Kolkattans assemble, these Vada Pav, Misal Pav munchers want war, let us give them war. 

giphy.gif

Opening salvo: best puchka in the world

Phuchka, Kolkata Street Food

Resign or suffer you evil bambis :whack:

Edited by Gollum

5 hours ago, velu said:

91.2% of the spam/scam calls orginate from here :lol:

Almost all fake stock mkt recommendation calls I receive are from Indore 

Nope.

5 hours ago, Gollum said:

Indore->2nd best street food in India behind Kolkata esp veg:eating:

Not even close, Indore > daylight > tubelight > headlight > anywhere else in the world :partyall:

16 hours ago, Gollum said:

Kathi roll>>>>whatever cucumber sandwich you get in what's that place you call. 

Kolkata:whack2:Bambipav

*cough cough*

Khau Galli is a place and not a dish!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzgCMozYOjg

This however is a pointless exercise. I haven't had street food in Kolkata and I'm guessing you haven't had any in Mumbai.

We need an arbiter who has tasted street food in both the places. :sherlock:

Edited by Mariyam

@Gollum

This is not a critique of Kolkata street food, but Bengali food in general.

I am not a fan of an overdose of mustard. And putting pieces of boiled potatoes in Biriyani.

Many people love that stuff though.

I've eaten at Arsalan in Kolkata wasn't very impressed.

Infact the marquee Bong food places in Mumbai: Oh Calcutta! and Mustard cater more to my tastes than the Bong food I had in Kolkata.

Edited by Mariyam

Street food is highly subjective, one cannot claim to be #1 is street food. It's based on individual taste. Funny how you guys are comparing individual tastes and deriding each others' cities. All those kolkata street food videos don't prove it is the best. Makes a good viewing, for an ex-non-vegetarian, it can make me fall off the wagon. Not a fan of potato, so can't be a judge of tastes.

One bong dish made of white til (sesame) was exquisite, can't figure out the name. If you are into south india veg street food, goto eat street in vishweshpuram or even Holige mane in Malleswaram, in Bengaluru or try out Bangarpete pani-puri. Nothing in any part of India tastes similar to the pani (clear as water, made mainly from boiling green chillies, ginger, lime, cumin seeds, menthya, salt). 

Edited by coffee_rules

WB produces best singers, music directors...we can give you that...but best food, street food? Not even close...it's North India all the way....come to think of the music part also, North India is also marvellous here also...infact the whole of India it great when is comes to music...

Edited by randomGuy

6 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

WB produces best singers, music directors...we can give you that...but best food, street food? Not even close...it's North India all the way....come to think of the music part also, North India is also marvellous here also...infact the whole of India is great when is comes to music...

music directors and singers from WB :whack3:

Best music directors are from :csk:

n best singers are from :hs: