Sadhguru brilliantly explains what Citizenship bill is all about

Austin 3:!6

I saw this the other day and was about to post it. Usually celebrities stay away from political stances, but it is refreshing to see him opine even if I do not agree with everything I said. 

However, the forced conversion and marriage he talked about is shocking and corroborated by another expatriate Pakistani

A 5 year old could explain what this means.

Non muslims from neighbouring Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afganistan can seek asylum in India. Indian muslims will still remain Indian citizens.

There you go. No need for muslims to riot.
Exactly, It wasn't any revelation by any stretch. But I am happy he didn't dodge the question and chose to express his opinion.

I don't always agree with his point of view but he clearly is a man of influence and huge following. If that's what it takes some people to endorse CAA, I guess it's a good thing.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Not a fan of jaggi, he is fake, and is a bandwagoner. What is there to explain. Ms case is a nobrainer for CAA, stupidity to make it a big protest movement. Brings out their true colors chanting la illaha illallah. Consolidated the others no less

Why do you think he is fake?

On 12/31/2019 at 11:47 AM, maniac said:

saw this yesterday. Brilliant. Usually not a big fan of Sadhguru’s answers . Love what he does for yoga and other initiatives of the isha foundation but usually always felt that most of his answers are ghooma phira ke very vague.

This time he hit the bulls eye

If you think Sadhguru's answers are vague, check out Deepak Chopra.

3 hours ago, Audiophile said:

Why do you think he is fake?

Just the accent and gyaan. He is happily married with kids, but is giving diksha to young to be celibate in life and live a life as a yogi. There are troubled parents with sad stories about how their kids are misled by this fake guru. He is a bandwagoner , picks up the latest issue and picks the one that is popular. He is like Arnab goswami  or Vivek Agnihotri I feel his gyaan is half baked and not from a real sanathani, he is one of those fake secular god men, that want to remove Hindu dharma from Indic spiritual knowledge systems like yoga, Ayurveda etc. Read about his views on Aryan Invasion theory and Dravidian politics and probably he has changed his views now. But he is a necessary evil for us RWers, need all the help we need.

On 1/1/2020 at 3:39 AM, Audiophile said:

I saw this the other day and was about to post it. Usually celebrities stay away from political stances, but it is refreshing to see him opine even if I do not agree with everything I said. 
However, the forced conversion and marriage he talked about is shocking and corroborated by another expatriate Pakistani

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde much?

"I have not read the bill, but here's me mansplaining that its all fine".

Besides, it was Amit Shah himself who blatantly went around spouting inflammatory rhetoric for months, connecting the dots between CAA and NRC, invoking and catering to prejudice among the 'masses' - only to now turn around and say "they are not connected".   Play with fire, and then act surprised when **** starts to burn.  BJP tried to milk political advantage from CAA, NRC and created the opportunity for its opponents to milk even more political advantage.  CAA should not have been politicized - this sort of social polarization is detrimental to the country.  But the social polarization definitely helps the BJP's political prospects though.

"I have not read the bill, but here's me mansplaining that its all fine".   Besides, it was Amit Shah himself who blatantly went around spouting inflammatory rhetoric for months, connecting the dots between CAA and NRC, invoking and catering to prejudice among the 'masses' - only to now turn around and say "they are not connected".   Play with fire, and then act surprised when **** starts to burn.  BJP tried to milk political advantage from CAA, NRC and created the opportunity for its opponents to milk even more political advantage.  CAA should not have been politicized - this sort of social polarization is detrimental to the country.  But the social polarization definitely helps the BJP's political prospects though.

That is not true at all sandeep. BJP was only fulfilling what they have listed on their election mandate. Its the funded and misinformed mobs that made it a religious issue. CAA, Article 370, Triple Talaq were always on BJPs manifesto, the promises on which people voted them in power. Its the duty of any political party to fulfill its election mandate and BJP is doing only that.  

First, lets get the fact staright....minorities are being persecuted in neighbouring countries. I am amazed that no one is talking about this let alone symphetasizing with them. The decrease in hindu population in BD and Pak is not made up by BJP but its a documented figure as per 2017 census. Amit Shah has clearly and categorically said multiple times in parliament that India will give citizenship to those persecuted minorities and it has nothing to do with Indian muslims. He said this multiple times in both houses but people choose to ignore. The reason muslims were not included in this bill bcoz: a) Those were islamic republic countries b ) There are many islamic countries around where certain section of persecuted muslims (eg Ahmedis) can take refugee.

The protest started in Assam bcoz assamese people were against so many immigrants coming to their land and stealing their livelihood. They would have protested same way if muslims were included. Their protest were valid and I think most Indians supported it. The protest in Assam, gave a sinister idea to opposition parties and they gave it a religious angle. Basically, most parties who couldnt beat Modi and were burning like charcoal since 23may found an oppurtunity in this saga to take revenge and give a perception that India has become communal. You think aam janata dont realize it? It is crystal clear for everyone to see what their motive is.

CAA is a sympethatic act bcoz:

1) Persecution of minorities is a FACT

2) It is our right to give shelter to these persecuted minorities.

3) Muslims cant be included bcoz those persecutions happening in islamic countries.

4) It has nothing to do with Indian muslims.

Priyanka Vadra was so sympathetic and vocal in UP when mobs were clashing with police but kept pedestrain distance in Rajasthan (congress rule state) where more than 100 kids died in hospital. You cant be sympathetic to only issues which will make 9pm headline. You think people of India dont see it? I am amazed that so many educated liberals like you are also falling for it and cant see the sinister ploy of opposition parties which is trying to give it a communal colour and trying to burn India down.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

That is not true at all sandeep. BJP was only fulfilling what they have listed on their election mandate. Its the funded and misinformed mobs that made it a religious issue. CAA, Article 370, Triple Talaq were always on BJPs manifesto, the promises on which people voted them in power. Its the duty of any political party to fulfill its election mandate and BJP is doing only that.  

First, lets get the fact staright....minorities are being persecuted in neighbouring countries. I am amazed that no one is talking about this let alone symphetasizing with them. The decrease in hindu population in BD and Pak is not made up by BJP but its a documented figure as per 2017 census. Amit Shah has clearly and categorically said multiple times in parliament that India will give citizenship to those persecuted minorities and it has nothing to do with Indian muslims. He said this multiple times in both houses but people choose to ignore. The reason muslims were not included in this bill bcoz: a) Those were islamic republic countries b ) There are many islamic countries around where certain section of persecuted muslims (eg Ahmedis) can take refugee.

The protest started in Assam bcoz assamese people were against so many immigrants coming to their land and stealing their livelihood. They would have protested same way if muslims were included. Their protest were valid and I think most Indians supported it. The protest in Assam, gave a sinister idea to opposition parties and they gave it a religious angle. Basically, most parties who couldnt beat Modi and were burning like charcoal since 23may found an oppurtunity in this saga to take revenge and give a perception that India has become communal. You think aam janata dont realize it? It is crystal clear for everyone to see what their motive is.

CAA is a sympethatic act bcoz:

1) Persecution of minorities is a FACT

2) It is our right to give shelter to these persecuted minorities.

3) Muslims cant be included bcoz those persecutions happening in islamic countries.

4) It has nothing to do with Indian muslims.

Priyanka Vadra was so sympathetic and vocal in UP when mobs were clashing with police but kept pedestrain distance in Rajasthan (congress rule state) where more than 100 kids died in hospital. You cant be sympathetic to only issues which will make 9pm headline. You think people of India dont see it? I am amazed that so many educated liberals like you are also falling for it and cant see the sinister ploy of opposition parties which is trying to give it a communal colour and trying to burn India down.

None of what you wrote contradicts what I pointed out.  Amit Shah's speeches are available everywhere, where he talks about "pehle CAA aayega" which will give citizenship to all faiths excluding muslims, and then we will follow that with NRC and throw out the "infiltrators".   The "linking" of CAA to NRC is wholly and totally owned by Shah and the BJP.  This is not only "true", it is indisputably true.  

It is only now, after the political firestorm has broken out, that they have backpedaled and tried to shift focus solely to the relief for refugees.  

They played politics with CAA, when they shouldn't have, now you can't complain about the other side playing politics with it too.  And this is giving them the benefit of the doubt, and assuming that their intent is not to harass poor muslims.  

None of what you wrote contradicts what I pointed out.  Amit Shah's speeches are available everywhere, where he talks about "pehle CAA aayega" which will give citizenship to all faiths excluding muslims, and then we will follow that with NRC and throw out the "infiltrators".   The "linking" of CAA to NRC is wholly and totally owned by Shah and the BJP.  This is not only "true", it is indisputably true.  

It is only now, after the political firestorm has broken out, that they have backpedaled and tried to shift focus solely to the relief for refugees.  

They played politics with CAA, when they shouldn't have, now you can't complain about the other side playing politics with it too.  And this is giving them the benefit of the doubt, and assuming that their intent is not to harass poor muslims.  

Even if CAA is linked with NRC what is the issue? They tried to do NRC without CAA and found out the list consists of many people who entered India due to persecution from neighbouring countries. We cant simply call them infiltrators...they are religiously persecuted refugees. NRC is only to throw out any illegal immigrants but we must not mix illegal infiltrators to ones who came here to save their life from persecution. Hence CAA need to be adopted first so that India can give citizenship to persecuted minorities based on humanitarian grounds and then implement NRC to filter out people who are :

A) Illegally entered India.
B )Not persecuted minorities.

Not sure if I am following the issue here.

9 hours ago, sandeep said:

"I have not read the bill, but here's me mansplaining that its all fine".

Besides, it was Amit Shah himself who blatantly went around spouting inflammatory rhetoric for months, connecting the dots between CAA and NRC, invoking and catering to prejudice among the 'masses' - only to now turn around and say "they are not connected".   Play with fire, and then act surprised when **** starts to burn.  BJP tried to milk political advantage from CAA, NRC and created the opportunity for its opponents to milk even more political advantage.  CAA should not have been politicized - this sort of social polarization is detrimental to the country.  But the social polarization definitely helps the BJP's political prospects though.

It is already polarized, it is very difficult to accept that the freedom struggle lead to partition, and then 20 crores of non-Indians  getting appeased because they stayed back even though they voted for creation of Pakistan. There is a silent majority that is effective since 2014 and despite all the dramebaazi, rafale, award wapsi, 2019 still happened.  BJP saw the issue in 1992 and have captalized, but someday they will be called out for their non-chutzpahness to handle the situation against this nautanki. 

So, what if NRC is brought in? Shashi Tharoor in his 2012 book said there are 20 million (2 crores) illegal BDesis in India. I talked to a bong who claims, the border is so porous, they have aadhar and voter card, but go over the BD to look after their property and come back to vote for TMC. Momta herself in 2006 was asking for illegal BDesis to be sent back from WB. So, people have been asking for NRC. Back 1990s, Shiv sena/Bal Thackeray made it a poll issue to deport all illegal Bdesis from Mumbai.

Just because, you don't like confrontations and being in a pseudo peaceful environment, you think BJP is polarizing society with NRC/CAA/NPR.

You are anti-Pak in many posts, if these protests like anti-CAA (with sloganeering like la illaha illallah is normalized and glorified) are tolerated, there will be many more partitions.

Tarek Fatah says it much better.  Starting with partition, this mentality has to be called out.