Does ‘Chhapaak’ portray acid attack convict as a Hindu named ‘Rajesh’? No, false claim

randomGuy

3 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

Big fan of Shefali Vaidya, she calls it as it is
Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Why? She has lied here through her teeth here. More so, she hasn't apologised at all for spreading falsehood that hurt a business. Textbook defamation case here.

What you are essentially saying is that lying is okay as long as people affiliated to your line of thought indulge in it. :(( 

Another habitual liar is Tajinder Bagga. He claimed "Hinduon se azaadi" was chanted at the Gateway protests. It simply wasn't:

https://www.altnews.in/no-umar-khalid-did-not-raise-hinduo-se-azadi-slogan-at-gateway-of-india-mumbai/

12 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Not seen the movie (not going to as well), but why change the name in any case? From Nadeem Khan to a neutral Babboo bhaiyya? At least make it Babboo Miyan, to be clear. Anyhow, trolling is multi-lane street on Twitter.

The character in the movie is called as Basheer by everyone who is not his friend/relative. The way it is in real life.

Also, this is not 'trolling'. This is defamation. Way to play down the seriousness of the crime.

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Truly misplaced priorities 

Strange tweet. This producers of the movie have agreed to part with a % of earnings to an organisation that pays for the legal expenses and medical costs of acid attack victims.

The only people with misplaced priorities are those who spread lies with the intention that this movie fails. They are ones who are ensuring that the amount pledged remains low.

Edited by Mariyam

Why? She has lied here through her teeth here. More so, she hasn't apologised at all for spreading falsehood that hurt a business. Textbook defamation case here.
What you are essentially saying is that lying is okay as long as people affiliated to your line of thought indulge in it. :(( 

Another habitual liar is Tajinder Bagga. He claimed "Hinduon se azaadi" was chanted at the Gateway protests. It simply wasn't:
https://www.altnews.in/no-umar-khalid-did-not-raise-hinduo-se-azadi-slogan-at-gateway-of-india-mumbai/

Isn't this an apology?

Now my question: can you say that everyone you follow has never posted stuff inadvertently ?

19 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

Isn't this an apology?

Now my question: can you say that everyone you follow has never posted stuff inadvertently ?

Yes, you are right. It is a faux apology of sorts . She hasn't apologised to the ones who were hurt the most: the producers of the movie.

I am not convinced about is the 'inadvertently' part either. Shefali Vaidya has a lot of followers. She influences opinion. The movie's opening has taken a hit.  As someone with a blue tick, the onus is on her to check what she posts, especially if it can  result in losses.

I generally follow handles on comedy, beauty/make up, book and move reviews and a few on law. Make it a point to avoid all the BJP/Congress/Bhakt/Liberal/Hindu/Muslim etc handles. Just vitiates your mind and is filled with intentional/inadvertent falsehoods.

Edited by Mariyam

Yes, you are right. It is a faux apology of sorts . She hasn't apologised to the ones who were hurt the most: the producers of the movie. I am not convinced about is the 'inadvertently' part either. Shefali Vaidya has a lot of followers. She influences opinion. The movie's opening has taken a hit.  As someone with a blue tick, the onus is on her to check what she posts, especially if it can  result in losses.

I generally follow handles on comedy, beauty/make up, book and move reviews and a few on law. Make it a point to avoid all the BJP/Congress/Bhakt/Liberal/Hindu/Muslim etc handles. Just vitiates your mind and is filled with intentional/inadvertent falsehoods.

You don't have to explain whom you follow:) 

Now you know law, so the intent to malign is debatable and has to be proven. Faux or not, she apologized ,which is not something most liberal media handles do.

Finally, I would rather follow her than the so called news media that is biased. Her words are scathing and make sense to me.By the way, I bet she's going to be the next victim of this left liberal ecosystem.They are vicious.

20 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

No less than this blue ticker 

Are you trying to justify **** posting on transgenders ? Do you even realise how badly they are treated by the so called  Indian society on top these people have the audacity to make fun of them .

9 minutes ago, Stuge said:

Are you trying to justify **** posting on transgenders ? Do you even realise how badly they are treated by the so called  Indian society on top these people have the audacity to make fun of them .

They made fun of him/her/they, because of his attire and his sloganeering. They were shouting “Kashmir mein daishatgardi hain, Iske peeche vardi hain!”. He deserves all the ridicule for being seditious. She later apologized and deleted a tweet that was photoshopped, Anubhav Sinha is a turd in comparison!

7 hours ago, Mariyam said:

She hasn't apologised to the ones who were hurt the most: the producers of the movie.

I am not convinced about is the 'inadvertently' part either. Shefali Vaidya has a lot of followers. She influences opinion. The movie's opening has taken a hit.  As someone with a blue tick, the onus is on her to check what she posts, especially if it can  result in losses.

Even before she RTed this false information, which was a clear 3 or 4 days after DP went to JNU and stood next to the likes of Kanhaiyya, RW handles were trending #BoycottChappaak in protest. She lost a sizable audience just by that move, I don’t think this lie had caused anymore damage than it already did. Besides, you give too much credit to SV’s influence. 

Edited by coffee_rules

In Marathi culture, we respect devadasi and transgenders through jogwa.

Transgender or not,that dude is ugly period.She called a spade a spade.

24 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

Transgender or not,that dude is ugly period.She called a spade a spade.

She is being an asshole to be honest ..One can respect ones view but here she went full retard .

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

They made fun of him/her/they, because of his attire and his sloganeering. They were shouting “Kashmir mein daishatgardi hain, Iske peeche vardi hain!”. He deserves all the ridicule for being seditious. She later apologized and deleted a tweet that was photoshopped, Anubhav Sinha is a turd in comparison!

I don't even follow or care who is Anubhav Singh ..I only pointed out her post related to transgender.

1 minute ago, randomGuy said:

It's strange because one would have thought a. people who oppose bjp will go to the theatre to support deepika's movie b. It has been made tax free at various free so more people will watch.

Not pointing to her stance only, but general public doesn’t go for movies with strong social message, none such movies do well in India, like Aarakshan. It had all star cast, still do well.