ICC U-19 World Cup 2020 Discussion Thread

nsareen

1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

Veer is pretty good. He might be picked up by any IPL side next year 

Not denying some of the guys
if not all them are extremely talented. 

Just that if someone is ready to be fasttracked in the Say next few months I think the legspinner looks ready. It says he is an allrounder even though haven’t seen him bat so that’s a bonus too given the one dimensional players we have right now

3 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Not denying some of the guys
if not all them are extremely talented. 

Just that if someone is ready to be fasttracked in the Say next few months I think the legspinner looks ready. It says he is an allrounder even though haven’t seen him bat so that’s a bonus too given the one dimensional players we have right now

I think could do with a U-21 level like football to provide another platform before senior international level. 

Going from U-19 to full senior level is often a jump to far as previous tournaments have shown. Excelling at this level is no guarantee that will make it as too many tend to fall by the wayside.

Plus there needs to be some trust played in younger players and that is not happening under Kohli & Cheerleader.

52 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Out of the entire squad he is the only guy who looks like he is ready for the big time.

Jaiswal and Tyagi need some fine tuning still even though they are the ones for the future 

Akash Singh does have some streak if Mitch Johnson.

Just now, Global.Baba said:

Bhajji,Ashwin,Chawla,Jadeja,Mishra,Kumble,Maninder singh, Siva were all teens to early 20s

Bhajji got dropped. Then came back after two years. Maninder failed. Jaddu was poor. Chawla same, hardly developed. Siva failed. Mishra same in and out. Ashwin was more towards mid 20s. Kumble only exception.

Pakistan has a very strong bowling attack, bangladesh struggled big time against them, Pakistani proving to be strong contender this time around, who would be able to stop them, i don’t see west indies stopping them, or even afghanistan..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, nsareen said:

india’s bowling in the power plays against SENA batsmen is a big worry.. Australia would be licking their lips looking at the stuff they dished out against new zealand

Pitches at Bloemfontein have been very slow. Spin is the key here. 

12 minutes ago, nsareen said:

Pakistan has a very strong bowling attack, bangladesh struggled big time against them, Pakistani proving to be strong contender this time around, who would be able to stop them, i don’t see west indies stopping them, or even afghanistan..

They had strong bowling attack last time too. Shaheen, Musa etc.

Edited by rkt.india