nsareen

ICC U-19 World Cup 2020 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, nsareen said:

with divyanshu joshi out of the world cup we lack in a seaming all rounder. quite unluckily for the young guy from Mizoram who made it till the end only to be injured. i remember in 2018 world cup porel was injured but kept playing in pain, in this instance shoulder dislocation ends any chance of a comeback.. sad for him and the team.. a genuine all-rounder lost to injury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He isn't from Mizoram. He is from UP, played all his cricket in UP.  Played even u19, didn't do well, struggled to make it to squad, also huge competition, then moved to mizoram.

akash singh is going for a lot of runs since he has landed in south africa. first the SA series then quadra gular & now warm ups. he had bowled extremely poorly with the new bowl often going above 10 RPO only to come back later when lesser batsmen are around and the field is open.. seems like he is a one dimensional bowler who relies on inswing only & doesn’t know how else to take wickets, probably low on confidence after the beating he has got.. our 4th seamer vidyadhar patil looks innocuous & a poor without pace. effectively only kartik tyagi & sushant mishra amongst the wickets and with some level of control..

Patil does not look good, TBH. Rakshann, even Purnank Tyagi was better. 

39 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He isn't from Mizoram. He is from UP, played all his cricket in UP.  Played even u19, didn't do well, struggled to make it to squad, also huge competition, then moved to mizoram.

Yes he is originally from UP but represents Mizoram now & it was a big deal for them when he got selected! Anyways he did play really well in the challengers too & people rate him considering his all round skills..

Tilak Verma, Dhruv Jurel,Sushant Mishra and Atharva Ankolekar are the guys likely to deliver in pressure situations from what I've seen. Jaiswal and Garg are probably the finest stroke players but they haven't been consistent. Hegde and Bishnoi are similar, sometimes very good sometimes not so great. The same goes for Kartik Tyagi and Akash Singh. Veer has only played a couple of matches and has looked good. 

8 hours ago, nsareen said:

australia have been playing excellent this far & have some exciting players even england.. hence quite competitive teams this time..

Aus has one guy who even scored runs in Shield cricket that I know Not much information about the rest

Zero Idea about England tho they have wonderful crop of players coming in Limited overs since last few years So likely to be a contender this time

7 hours ago, Forward Defence said:

Tilak Verma, Dhruv Jurel,Sushant Mishra and Atharva Ankolekar are the guys likely to deliver in pressure situations from what I've seen. Jaiswal and Garg are probably the finest stroke players but they haven't been consistent. Hegde and Bishnoi are similar, sometimes very good sometimes not so great. The same goes for Kartik Tyagi and Akash Singh. Veer has only played a couple of matches and has looked good. 

Yes, Veer looked real good in that last game.  Garg is no flash in the pan, very solid technique, shows ease and assuredness at the crease.  Makes me think of Babar Azam oddly.  

On 1/12/2020 at 9:25 PM, rkt.india said:

. Current team is no way inferior except this team Lacks sheer pace of Mavi-Koti who were rare species.  This team has several good bats in Jaiswal, Garg, Jurel, tilak, Rawat, Siddhesh. Three good seamers along with good spinners.

How does it matter !

They will either not get any chances to represent India or, if they do, they will be criticized from all quarters till they stop performing.

3 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Nice to see you turn into a bitter cynic!

Harsh reality brother !

Shardul debuted in tests before Saini or Siraj  ( either of the duo yet to debut )

Saini getting chances in international cricket at age 27, despite being ready at 25 while bowling at express pace.

Mavi and Prasidh, bowling well at 145k+, not in the A-teams ( even before their injuries )

No one bothered about the Dhonis of the world failing ( their " pointing skills" were praised to cover for their batting failures ) ... youngsters like Pant get criticized by a new expert almost every day ( whether deservedly or not is another issue )

Kuldeep, with amazingly low averages,  gets dropped from time to time because he can't bat or because some other oldie is available. He is yet to play a test after taking a 5-for in a test in Australia.

Sreyas Iyer was dropped from ODIs in 2018, while averaging 40+ at a SR of 100+.

Gill is yet to play anything substantial in any format despite being recognized as an amazing talent and having superlative FC numbers.

Karin Nair is nowhere in the picture after scoring a 300+ in a test. I think he has played just 2 tests after that.

Pant, after scoring 150+ in a test match in Australia, got dropped from a test series in India because he was playing poorly in T20s.

Apart from Bumrah and Hardik, no other under 27 youngster has been able to / allowed to settle in, in the last 4 years. ( Hardik is there because there is no decent batsman cum seamer available, who is 30 + or 27+ )

Harsh reality  !

So, what is the point of getting excited about these under 19 guys. !!  We will see where they stand in 8 or 9 years ( when they are 27+ )   :phehe:

Edited by express bowling

india start their campaign today & the match would be telecasted on star networks. hoping for a win and a
good start to campaign

Should a good match, SL is also not a bad team, looking forward to see future stars of Indian cricket. 

5 minutes ago, nsareen said:

pakistan finished the match quite early, looking dangerous..

Watch out for Tahir Hussain , left arm fast, looks like a very good prospect . 

I am waiting to see Tiyagi now. heard good things about him. 

Edited by First class