Can ICC force a team to visit another country?

Zero_Unit

This circus show of back and forth between BCB/PCB have brought up an interesting discussion. Try to put your personal feelings for PAK aside and try to have a logical discussion (if not, replace PAK with X = any country). Majority of the PAK thinks ICC needs to step in a situation like this where they deem that PAK is safe to tour where as the touring country does not. Each touring country should infact do their own due delligence, and if they think that their players, staffs, etc does not feel comfortable, should ICC need to step in? If so, why?

Let's also look into this further, PAK thinks if a touring country does not want to play in PAK (once again if you're too biased against PAK, replace with X = any country), ICC needs to reward them with the points and not split it between two teams. Do you think this is fair for the touring country who does not feel safe with PAK or the security they will provide (considering in the past, govermnent level security provided to SL was a joke - players got shot at).

Bottom line is, how much power should ICC have in their hand to force a team to tour another country in a situation like between BCB/PCB? This is going to be interesting considering SENA is a total different ball game than BCB here. Would love to see your guys input on this popcorn worthy circus show.

ICC has no power over governments under which the respective boards are. Also governments have more resources including intelligence to term a country safe or unsafe. 

I do not know why ICC is perceived so high by greenbros (Maybe  they never had a structured govt and therefore look outside Pak for intervention/guidance no matter what the agency is). BCCI already has taught PCB enough lessons including when PCB tried to swindle money out of BCCI through ICC

It is not anyone’s fault but Pak’s that Pak is unsafe :dontknow: 

Edited by zen
4 minutes ago, zen said:

ICC has no power over governments under which the respective boards are. Also governments have more resources including intelligence to term a country safe or unsafe. 

I do not know why ICC is perceived so high by greenbros (Maybe  they never had a structured govt and therefore look outside Pak for intervention/guidance no matter what the agency is). BCCI already has taught them enough lessons including when PCB tried to swindle money out of them through ICC

It is not anyone’s fault but Pak’s that Pak is unsafe 

This I agree with, no BOARD > GOV of their respective country. However, in a scenerio as this, ICC did not think this through properly, this WTC will be an issue with PAK being involved. Most SENA will not visit there (possibility S might but ENA I highly doubt it). BCB maybe a smaller board for them to push around, might even get away with the split point and reclaim all for themselves, but when SENA gets involved, I can't see them doing the same type of push back. Then Smaller boards will also get involved, will me a sh*t show. ICC either kills the idea of split point right here and now, or will have to face major heat later on.

7 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

This I agree with, no BOARD > GOV of their respective country. However, in a scenerio as this, ICC did not think this through properly, this WTC will be an issue with PAK being involved. Most SENA will not visit there (possibility S might but ENA I highly doubt it). BCB maybe a smaller board for them to push around, might even get away with the split point and reclaim all for themselves, but when SENA gets involved, I can't see them doing the same type of push back. Then Smaller boards will also get involved, will me a sh*t show. ICC either kills the idea of split point right here and now, or will have to face major heat later on.

If the country is unsafe (based on evidence), the visiting team should be given the option to play at a neutral venue. If the unsafe country fails to provide a neutral venue, the visiting country can be awarded the points 

Edited by zen

But when BCB giving the laughable excuse of US-Iran tension for not playing tests and playing T20 only, ICC need to do something, if they have some guts. But they are also don't want to mess with BCCI. 

ICC cannot force BD to tour but they can award the test championship points to Pakistan. 

I heard PCB also not happy with climate change and global warming, wants this to be stopped before they would agree to play test, otherwise tamasha cricket only. 

4 hours ago, zen said:

If the country is unsafe (based on evidence), the visiting team should be given the option to play at a neutral venue. If the unsafe country fails to provide a neutral venue, the visiting country can be awarded the points 

If you go by evidence India and BD cities Delhi and Dacca are less safer than Lahore and Islambad. 

1 minute ago, First class said:

If you go by evidence India and BD cities Delhi and Dacca are less safer than Lahore and Islambad. 

a) we are talking about countries (not particular areas) .... and b) data from Pak is not trustworthy (it will even say minorities are in great condition when they fear of their life even to report an incidence) 

5 minutes ago, First class said:

Anyway, congratulation, BCB proved to be a faithful servant of BCCI. , they will regret this action in years to come. 

BCB could have done what it felt was right :dontknow: .... and no one gives an ounce to what Pak thinks, which keeps regretting and issuing threats as if anyone takes it  seriously :lol:

3 minutes ago, zen said:

BCB could have done what it felt was right :dontknow: .... and no one gives an ounce to what Pak thinks, which keeps regretting and issuing threats as if anyone takes it  seriously :lol:

BD should also keep finding excuses to avoid playing test until Shakib is back , he is 1/2 their team. They lost to Afghanistan in their own backyard, imagine playing test in a country where they are not  popular,  that too without Shakib. 

20 minutes ago, First class said:

Brain washed is brain washed. In India govt. goes after terrorist and in Pakistan they house them a mile away from military academy. Sad thing is you don't even see anything wrong with your post.

6 hours ago, zen said:

Well sri lanka was deemed unsafe in 96 yet australia and west indies had to forfeit world cup points when they refused to tour 

16 minutes ago, New guy said:

Well sri lanka was deemed unsafe in 96 yet australia and west indies had to forfeit world cup points when they refused to tour 

SL was actually relatively safe for the WC event. These two teams decided to not go as the group stage was such that qualification to next stage was basically guaranteed .... it was also a time where many teams even ordered food from their home countries (Warne getting pasta from Aus iirc) .... Pak has a history of cricket teams being attacked and it moved to hosting its home games in UAE .... also this is 2020 which has its own dynamics. AFG plays its cricket in Ind

Edited by zen

Icc should award points for multi nation Odi tourneys which are set in a limited time frame (like the world cup).  

They can't award points in case of world test championship unless they get into the scheduling of the matches which they don't. Its the boards responsibility here. But in the next wtc round they have to find a better way to ensure all countries play a similar spread of series (home/away) or introduce a playoff round with quarters/semis and final. 

4 hours ago, zen said:

SL was actually relatively safe for the WC event. These two teams decided to not go as the group stage was such that qualification to next stage was basically guaranteed .... it was also a time where many teams even ordered food from their home countries (Warne getting pasta from Aus iirc) .... Pak has a history of cricket teams being attacked and it moved to hosting its home games in UAE .... also this is 2020 which has its own dynamics. AFG plays its cricket in Ind

Yeah but who decided SL was safe? Aus and West Indies internal reviews deemed it unsafe. ICC deducted the points because they deemed it safe

2 minutes ago, New guy said:

Yeah but who decided SL was safe? Aus and West Indies internal reviews deemed it unsafe. ICC deducted the points because they deemed it safe

"internal reviews" as I said the qualifications to next round was basically guaranteed for top teams so they could afford to not go even if there was little risk