Ind vs Aus | 2nd ODI | Rajkot | Jan 17th, 2020

zen

My preferred 11

1. Rohit

2. Dhawan

3. Kohli

4. Iyer ... need him to settle at 4

5. Rahul ... direct replacement for injured Pant.

6. Pandey

7. Jadeja

8. Kuldeep 

9. Shami

10. Saini

11. Bumrah

---- Saini must must play.  ODIs are won by taking wickets ... pick the pacer who is most likely to pick Aussie wickets by combining express pace and bounce with accuracy. 

---- Can't go with 2 bits and pieces ODI player, Shardul and Jadeja. Only 1 can be there.

---- Pandey better than Jadhav of today.

5 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

So one failure and Kohi has gone back to saying he will have to reconsider batting at 4.

If world's best batsman finds it difficult to adjust to bat out of his comfort zone, how does he expect youngsters, whom he shuffles at his whim, to adjust without being given a proper run.

Exactly. I heard Kohli saying batting at no.3 and no.4 is not that different, if a batsman like Kohli can't adjust at 4 I don't know who can. 

5 minutes ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Exactly. I heard Kohli saying batting at no.3 and no.4 is not that different, if a batsman like Kohli can't adjust at 4 I don't know who can. 

That is really not the point actually. The point is Kohli trying to adjust for Dhawan where he is inconsistent and not likely to play for next WC. If Kohli adjusting to build for the future by playing Rahul, Mayank and Gill at yeh top, then it makes sense regardless whether that will yield result or not. But this adjustment is nothing but shorsiightedness and protecting his pals ahead of the the team's interest.

7 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

So one failure and Kohi has gone back to saying he will have to reconsider batting at 4.

If world's best batsman finds it difficult to adjust to bat out of his comfort zone, how does he expect youngsters, whom he shuffles at his whim, to adjust without being given a proper run.

So true.. If he can't try it out in some meaningless bilaterals, where else would he try out new combinations? Like some one said, he takes these bilaterals more seriously than WC