zen

Ind vs Aus | 2nd ODI | Rajkot | Jan 17th, 2020

31 minutes ago, zen said:

Since Ind is seeking to comeback, I reckon there would be relatively more interest in this game. 

Pant is ruled out. KL likely to keep 

Aus favs but if it spins, Ind has a chance 

How many chances will KL drop behind the stumps?  I say 2.  

1 minute ago, Straight Drive said:

A proper keeper should ideally be replaced by the next best keeper . Otherwise there is no point in having Samson in squad.

there is no samson in the squad :facepalm: .... kl is the backup wk (unless someone is flown in) 

Top 6

Rohit = Finch 

Dhawan < Warner

KL <  Labuschagne (As many may recall, I had given Labuschagne a :thumb: when Ind toured Aus) 

Kohli > Smith (but Smith is nearly as good in LOIs on his day) 

Iyer < Carey, who performed nicely in the WC

X (Jadhav/Pandey/Dubey) = Turner (maybe who plays well on the day) 

:((

Ind will have to be at its best

Edited by zen

1 hour ago, zen said:

Since Ind is seeking to comeback, I reckon there would be relatively more interest in this game. 

Pant is ruled out. KL likely to keep 

Aus favs but if it spins, Ind has a chance 

Who plays in place of Pant? Its a tough ask with Aus in this form. We are very top heavy. I don't like the idea of Kohli batting at 4. He is a counterpuncher needs to bat at 3. Maybe KLR should bat at 4.

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Who plays in place of Pant? Its a tough ask with Aus in this form. We are very top heavy. I don't like the idea of Kohli batting at 4. He is a counterpuncher needs to bat at 3. Maybe KLR should bat at 4.

Pant, at the moment, is only ruled out for this game. Is expected to be back for the 3rrd ODI unless he is rested for the series .... One of Jadhav/Pandey/Dubey  is expected to play unless someone is flown in to be WK

6 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Pandey for Pant and Saini for Thakur. No Dube pls. His bowling will be taken apart and his batting isn't anything to feel great about... Pandey is in good form and should do well here.

Forgot that Pandeyji is in the squad,but can he be a power hitter at 6?

2 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

I dont think we have a shot against the aussies on flat wickets,they just annihilated the kiwis on similar wickets,their team is full of FTBs.

We defeated this Aussie team on a very flat track in the World Cup 2019 ... that too by 36 runs.

8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

We defeated this Aussie team on a very flat track in the World Cup 2019 ... that too by 36 runs.

Dhawan in ICC events plays well. Kohli did well too in that game. Also Pandya was in good form iirc 

24 minutes ago, tweaker said:

Bharat or Ishan Kishan should be selected ,as Pant is ruled out

Pant is expected to be back for the 3rd ODI (not yet ruled out of the series). So TM may not be too concerned for one game 

This is a random scorecard however look at the England U-19 Squad Root,Vince,Stokes and we had Rahul, Mayank and our legendary Mandeep Singh (Still waiting). Also Mayank was the 5th bowler :woot: Get him in

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8368/scorecard/432017/england-under-19s-vs-india-under-19s-24th-match-group-a-icc-under-19-world-cup-2009-10

6 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

A proper keeper should ideally be replaced by the next best keeper . Is Samson in squad

6 hours ago, zen said:

there is no samson in the squad :facepalm: .... kl is the backup wk (unless someone is flown in) 

Samson n kishen are in Nz

My preferred 11

1. Rohit

2. Dhawan

3. Kohli

4. Iyer ... need him to settle at 4

5. Rahul ... direct replacement for injured Pant.

6. Pandey

7. Jadeja

8. Kuldeep 

9. Shami

10. Saini

11. Bumrah

---- Saini must must play.  ODIs are won by taking wickets ... pick the pacer who is most likely to pick Aussie wickets by combining express pace and bounce with accuracy. 

---- Can't go with 2 bits and pieces ODI player, Shardul and Jadeja. Only 1 can be there.

---- Pandey better than Jadhav of today.

5 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

So one failure and Kohi has gone back to saying he will have to reconsider batting at 4.

If world's best batsman finds it difficult to adjust to bat out of his comfort zone, how does he expect youngsters, whom he shuffles at his whim, to adjust without being given a proper run.

Exactly. I heard Kohli saying batting at no.3 and no.4 is not that different, if a batsman like Kohli can't adjust at 4 I don't know who can. 

5 minutes ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Exactly. I heard Kohli saying batting at no.3 and no.4 is not that different, if a batsman like Kohli can't adjust at 4 I don't know who can. 

That is really not the point actually. The point is Kohli trying to adjust for Dhawan where he is inconsistent and not likely to play for next WC. If Kohli adjusting to build for the future by playing Rahul, Mayank and Gill at yeh top, then it makes sense regardless whether that will yield result or not. But this adjustment is nothing but shorsiightedness and protecting his pals ahead of the the team's interest.

Can any of the stat/math geeks on this website run a % win ratio for matches in Gujarat vs matches elsewhere for India under Ravi Shastri's tenure.

Pretty please.

I am not sure if our chances of win are more when he is sober or inebriated. :dontknow: 

Help @zen

@maniac

@punjabi_khota

@ganeshran

@Muloghonto

Edited by Mariyam

7 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

So one failure and Kohi has gone back to saying he will have to reconsider batting at 4.

If world's best batsman finds it difficult to adjust to bat out of his comfort zone, how does he expect youngsters, whom he shuffles at his whim, to adjust without being given a proper run.

So true.. If he can't try it out in some meaningless bilaterals, where else would he try out new combinations? Like some one said, he takes these bilaterals more seriously than WC

1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

Open with Jadeja. Doesn’t he have multiple triples  on this ground? He will end careers of Cummins and Starc like he has done for some domestic trundlers.

Also team management gets their Dumb fetish of left right combo and also bits and pieces cricketers.

Imagine if kohli really sends Sir Jadeja to open, what will happen.   Kohli will Never forget the DOT.  :cantstop:

5 hours ago, Laaloo said:

Remember when india made 414 on this ground and SL almost chased it down and made 411? Raj kit is flattter than Sonam kapoors chest.

It's flat but it's not that same ground. This is a new stadium, bigger in size.

19 hours ago, Nikola said:

True test for aus starts now. Kohli hates loosing bilateral series more than icc tournaments. 

In ICC tourneys a bad 30 mins can spoil the plans, while in bilaterals, the more consistent team can win :dontknow: