ishant hurts his ankle , may not got Newzealand

30 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

So bhuvi n ishant under doubt 

umesh is not good out of india

Only bumrah , Saini, Shami left ....good

but one more injury n we are screwed. 100% sure they ll select shardul

This why u need to prepare backups....lekin coach kaptaan ke samjh na aayi ye baat . Same happened in England 

Wish someone like Warrier was given a go and prepped 

4 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Not likely with the T20 worldcup coming up.

I think we should have Bumrah, Shami and Saini as front line pacement and Umesh as backup.

If Bumrah is injured we are totally screwed. I think maybe TM could play him for a couple of T20s and save him for the tests. In T20s you can always try newer players and it doesnt even matter that much

8 hours ago, Forward Defence said:

So we'll not have Ishant who is in the best form of his life in a country where he has put in some very good spells. He clearly is our best New ball bowler now alongside Bumrah. Big loss.

Now only Shami and Jadeja are the ones with the experience of playing a test match in Newzealand. 

I see injuries to Dhawan & Ish positively as an opportunity else this TM will never test any newcomers . 

We need to find a dashing opener and it is high time TM checks Shaw in that place  for T20. If Dhawan is fit , They will always pick him for every match T20 , ODI .  

Also we need a pacy quick for Aus Test series . If Saini does not play in NZ tests, he would be going to Aus without any Test match experience . Bowling away from India in tests will provide a good experience to him. So at least we will have 1 pacer who will be 4th seamer with some Test match exposure . 

Edited by prudent_kreeda
9 minutes ago, ganeshran said:

If Bumrah is injured we are totally screwed. I think maybe TM could play him for a couple of T20s and save him for the tests. In T20s you can always try newer players and it doesnt even matter that much

Yes in an ideal world, the tests are more important to me that the T20s but this is Kaptaan Kohli we are talking about, he will deffo play Bumrah for all 5 T20s you watch.

1 hour ago, prudent_kreeda said:

I see injuries to Dhawan & Ish positively as an opportunity else this TM will never test any newcomers . 

We need to find a dashing opener and it is high time TM checks Shaw in that place  for T20. If Dhawan is fit , They will always pick him for every match T20 , ODI .  

Also we need a pacy quick for Aus Test series . If Saini does not play in NZ tests, he would be going to Aus without any Test match experience . Bowling away from India in tests will provide a good experience to him. So at least we will have 1 pacer who will be 4th seamer with some Test match exposure . 

That's a good argument. Will be nice for Saini to get an opportunity. 

However I will be missing the inswinger from Ishant with the new ball.