Announced- India's ODI squad vs New Zealand

58 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Shubman Gill has plateaued. Look at what Shaw did in SMA trophy, Ranji Trophy, NZ warm ups. What did Gill do in comparison? He should count himself lucky he's getting selected for the A squad.

I think it has been a stop start season for Gill in the domestics, with him being reserve test opener has affected his form. However he still has come up with some spectacular knocks in the Deodhar cup and especially his knock against Mumbai in SMA chasing 240 odd. He deserves a go in these meaningless ODIs  alongwith Mayank and Shaw where the big boys should be rested.

Jadhav, Dube, and Thakur .... many of them could be placeholders for Pandya, Bhuvi, Chahar, etc.  :dontknow:

India could have played an additional test over this ODI esp. since the test series is related to  WTC and Ind can start off poorly in the first test 

Shaw & Gill both can selected .what is useless kedar jadhav doing in team ??

Hehe, you guys are making as if Kohli is paying me to state his case.

I rate Kohli as best captain but it does not mean he has not made any mistakes.He has made and will continue to make mistakes.

I would have kept Mayank Aggrawal and Jadhav has done nothing wrong to be kicked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
23 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Hehe, you guys are making as if Kohli is paying me to state his case.

I rate Kohli as best captain but it does not mean he has not made any mistakes.He has made and will continue to make mistakes.

I would have kept Mayank Aggrawal and Jadhav has done nothing wrong to be kicked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't field, Pie-chucker bowler who has been figured out and can only bat in some specific scenarios. Also looks like out of place as according to you and other Kohli fans, Capt.Kohli's philosophy is extreme fitness .

11 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Can't field, Pie-chucker bowler who has been figured out and can only bat in some specific scenarios. Also looks like out of place as according to you and other Kohli fans, Capt.Kohli's philosophy is extreme fitness .

Yes, but he is only batsman who can bowl, once Pandya is fit  he is out and moreover he has not played any matches against Australia.Nothing wrong in carrying him as an extra batsman.

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Yes, but he is only batsman who can bowl, once Pandya is fit  he is out and moreover he has not played any matches against Australia.Nothing wrong in carrying him as an extra batsman.

You could have carried a youngster like Gill. Could have gotten a shot in case of contingencies and could have had a chance to be in the dressing room and train with the coaching staff even though don't think that would benefit him given who coaches our national side. Just fielding as a sub gives players confidence.

1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

You could have carried a youngster like Gill. Could have gotten a shot in case of contingencies and could have had a chance to be in the dressing room and train with the coaching staff even though don't think that would benefit him given who coaches our national side. Just fielding as a sub gives players confidence.

So what do you tell Jadhav??

6 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Thank you for your service. Enjoy IPl and domestics.

That they are going to do it sooner than later.So it is not a big deal in my view to carry him.If there is only one spot which is debatable in any squad selection then selectors have done their job.

Edited by putrevus
1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

Kohli & his man boobed Cheerleader don't believe in young players. Not one talent has been unearthed or backed under their drunken (with power & alcohol) regime.