Jump to content
Ankit_sharma03

Announced- India's ODI squad vs New Zealand

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

ODI series is pointless but test is not?

We played a 5 match series just last year in New Zealand. Playing just two tests is criminal for teams that are ranked no.1 and no.3. And ofcourse with the Test championship points at stake , every test counts and matters much more than a random odi series. 

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Poor Surya kumar Yadav.

There is no logic in keeping Jadhav in the team.

Pathetic selection committee. And thanks to the Supreme court, they are functional even after their tenure is over.

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk
 

Feeling sad for Surya.

Nothing will change. Top 3 will feast again on small grounds. Manish / Kedar will get few not outs and continue to get selected.  

Unlike England, we have a very strong bowling attack so we still end up winning even when we score 10% less than what England scores.

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, test fan said:

At what point does Shubman Gill get a backing? How does he break into the team? This guy looks like the real deal. I’ll be bold enough to say he’s the closest thing you’ll get to Kohli/Sharma In future

Shubman Gill has plateaued. Look at what Shaw did in SMA trophy, Ranji Trophy, NZ warm ups. What did Gill do in comparison? He should count himself lucky he's getting selected for the A squad.

Edited by sarchasm

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Shubman Gill has plateaued. Look at what Shaw did in SMA trophy, Ranji Trophy, NZ warm ups. What did Gill do in comparison? He should count himself lucky he's getting selected for the A squad.

Shaw & Gill both can selected .what is useless kedar jadhav doing in team ??

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Feeling sad for Surya.

Nothing will change. Top 3 will feast again on small grounds. Manish / Kedar will get few not outs and continue to get selected.  

Unlike England, we have a very strong bowling attack so we still end up winning even when we score 10% less than what England scores.

Kedar will not play any odi.

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Shubman Gill has plateaued. Look at what Shaw did in SMA trophy, Ranji Trophy, NZ warm ups. What did Gill do in comparison? He should count himself lucky he's getting selected for the A squad.

I think it has been a stop start season for Gill in the domestics, with him being reserve test opener has affected his form. However he still has come up with some spectacular knocks in the Deodhar cup and especially his knock against Mumbai in SMA chasing 240 odd. He deserves a go in these meaningless ODIs  alongwith Mayank and Shaw where the big boys should be rested.

Share this post


Link to post

Jadhav, Dube, and Thakur .... many of them could be placeholders for Pandya, Bhuvi, Chahar, etc.  :dontknow:

 

India could have played an additional test over this ODI esp. since the test series is related to  WTC and Ind can start off poorly in the first test 

Share this post


Link to post
Shaw & Gill both can selected .what is useless kedar jadhav doing in team ??

Hehe, you guys are making as if Kohli is paying me to state his case.

I rate Kohli as best captain but it does not mean he has not made any mistakes.He has made and will continue to make mistakes.

I would have kept Mayank Aggrawal and Jadhav has done nothing wrong to be kicked out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, putrevus said:


Hehe, you guys are making as if Kohli is paying me to state his case.

I rate Kohli as best captain but it does not mean he has not made any mistakes.He has made and will continue to make mistakes.

I would have kept Mayank Aggrawal and Jadhav has done nothing wrong to be kicked out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't field, Pie-chucker bowler who has been figured out and can only bat in some specific scenarios. Also looks like out of place as according to you and other Kohli fans, Capt.Kohli's philosophy is extreme fitness .

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Can't field, Pie-chucker bowler who has been figured out and can only bat in some specific scenarios. Also looks like out of place as according to you and other Kohli fans, Capt.Kohli's philosophy is extreme fitness .

Yes, but he is only batsman who can bowl, once Pandya is fit  he is out and moreover he has not played any matches against Australia.Nothing wrong in carrying him as an extra batsman.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Yes, but he is only batsman who can bowl, once Pandya is fit  he is out and moreover he has not played any matches against Australia.Nothing wrong in carrying him as an extra batsman.

You could have carried a youngster like Gill. Could have gotten a shot in case of contingencies and could have had a chance to be in the dressing room and train with the coaching staff even though don't think that would benefit him given who coaches our national side. Just fielding as a sub gives players confidence.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

You could have carried a youngster like Gill. Could have gotten a shot in case of contingencies and could have had a chance to be in the dressing room and train with the coaching staff even though don't think that would benefit him given who coaches our national side. Just fielding as a sub gives players confidence.

So what do you tell Jadhav??

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Thank you for your service. Enjoy IPl and domestics.

That they are going to do it sooner than later.So it is not a big deal in my view to carry him.If there is only one spot which is debatable in any squad selection then selectors have done their job.

Edited by putrevus

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

You could have carried a youngster like Gill. Could have gotten a shot in case of contingencies and could have had a chance to be in the dressing room and train with the coaching staff even though don't think that would benefit him given who coaches our national side. Just fielding as a sub gives players confidence.

Kohli & his man boobed Cheerleader don't believe in young players. Not one talent has been unearthed or backed under their drunken (with power & alcohol) regime.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Frustrated said:

TM can find someone else for carrying drinks and/or Free massage service.  Jadhav is not the only one.  :phehe:

Maybe..maybe..Jadhav, Thakur and Dhawan really does it well. Hence Jadhav and Thakur continues to be in odi squad.

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, The Realist said:

Kohli & his man boobed Cheerleader don't believe in young players. Not one talent has been unearthed or backed under their drunken (with power & alcohol) regime.

       There is no need to unearth any talents by VK or TM  . Selectors  have identified the talents and are including them in the 14-15 squad. 

       But they are either benched series after series or played in 1 match and then thrown out . 

       If some one is performing then he is shunted up & down to favour a few buddies . 

  

Share this post


Link to post

Wonder what kind of a relationship Dravid shares with Kohli-Shastri and what he feels about no youngster coming through the youth teams/A system being backed and given a consistent run under captain fool and coach bombastic. Dravid became coach of A/u-19 team in 2016. Not one young player since then has been allowed to settle down and cement his place

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, putrevus said:

So what do you tell Jadhav??

The same message that has been given to countless other ~35 year old sportsmen - Thank you for you service. We are now building up for the next WC and don’t see you a role for you 3 years from now.

 

But then if he gets told this how would captain fool justify his 34 year old buddy’s continued selection and the potential comeback of 39 yr old past-it friend in a few months time.

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

just feels for Agarwal  ,,,, unfairly treated despite such a superior LIST A record.

True. I will like to see him get a shot at that opening position. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...