Match thread : Ind vs NZ 1st T20i, Auckland

17 minutes ago, sergio04 said:

To fir pant ko ranji hi khelene do.

Kyon barbaad kar rahe ho?

It makes sense to keep him in the squad because he is the stand-by keeper. Rahul may not last long doing WK duty on a regular basis. Remember how frequently he used to get injured being just a regular fielder? Pant has to just bide his time and keep up his practice drills as if he is going to play each match. This is what Saha does to keep his sanity and be in the best possible space when the chance does come finally.

25 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

manish pandey ahead of pant in t20 that to at 6 :hysterical:

isiliye har saal IPL men RCB ka katt ta hai ........maa kasam aisa duffer captain nhin dekha. Hade he seen IPL manish pandey success in IPL this year came at 3.....before that he was struggling in middle order. Even playing for KKR in middle his S/r was never great 

Kohli is being too greedy with Rahul. Opening as well as keeping wickets is not an easy task for a part timer. He makes such senseless decisions regularly, leaving fans with the choice of watching mostly boring oldies or not tuning in to the match at all out of frustration.

Edited by nevada

I did not get it. If Dube and Pant, both are sitting, who is going to be at 6? Is it Samson, think that may not be right position for him.

This T20 series the captain must rotate Pant, Samson, Dube and Iyer at 4,5,6 . They should have a plan in their mind to give 4 matches to each one of them. Infact if by 3rd or 4th match of we win the series, then play all 4 of them for the remaining matches and either Kohli or Rohit can take a break.

Likewise for bowling I suggest not to play Bumrah in all matches. We have nothing new to know about him other than gradually getting him to full match fitness, we know what all he can offer, so play him in 2-3 matches only. Play Saini, Shardul and others more to see how they come up in SENA pitches as T20 WC will be in Aus.

23 minutes ago, Sgattick10 said:

Like I said, if Pant gets treated this way for next 12 months or so I hope to migrates to Eng or Aus...he is good a talent to be wasted like this.

I am even ok if he and couple others migrate to Nepal or Bangladesh. Unfortunately they can't go to Pakistan otherwise even that would have been fine. But again the TM is shameless as hell. They don't give a damn , only remedy is take them out of those decision making roles. Regardless of on field performance, the damage they are causing to the upcoming players and harming the team composition, more than negates their contribution and is leading to a toxic and hypocritical culture.

Just now, RajBan said:

I am even ok if he and couple others migrate to Nepal or Bangladesh. Unfortunately they can't go to Pakistan otherwise even that would have been fine. But again the TM is shameless as hell. They don't give a damn , only remedy is take them out of those decision making roles. Regardless of on field performance, the damage they are causing to the upcoming players and harming the team composition, more than negates their value and is leading to a toxic and hypocritical culture.

5 hours ago, nevada said:

Kohli is being too greedy with Rahul. Opening as well as keeping wickets is not an easy task for a part timer. He makes such senseless decisions regularly, leaving fans with the choice of watching mostly boring oldies or not tuning in to the match at all out of frustration.

This may not necessarily be about KL vs Pant as WKs (both can play as batsman too) but having KL keep to reopen a spot for someone like Dhawan (or even Dhoni) for e.g.  :dontknow:  .... Pant is new and still developing his career so can be seen as an easy target 

PS In Ind cric, youngsters tend to suffer to accommodate players nearing (or past) their expiry date 

Edited by zen

One good thing is Shaw will play all the ODIs as the opener if Rahul plays at 5 in ODIs.

They should still play Samson/Pant in the top 4 in T20s..  

The T20 XI should be:

Rohit, Rahul, Samson/Pant, Kohli, Iyer, Dube and the bowlers... Jadeja will play at 7 till Pandya comes back.

But I'm sure they'll play Pandey at 5.... and probably Dube at 6.. which mean Samson and Pant will miss out.