Sarfaraaz khan performance watch

mani sha

I thought with the fab five gone , I will not see a set of gifted batters together again 

but with kohli Rohit established , rahul Ayer settling down , shaw Agarwal gill jaiswal , few others like sarfaraaz khan and even nair I feel we are back to having fantastic batsmen across formats . 

of all these , I think I saw in khan 300 sehwag like ability . Have a feeling if he looses some weight he will be knocking soon . But all in all good times for indian cricket . 

Can we pls stop this hyping up pls!

I wish Sarfraz well, but he has scored this after a really long time and that too on batting conditions. Opening a "tracking performance thread" is a bit of hype at this point. If he has a very strong year (atleast) or two, then yes lets drum it up then.

Edited by fineleg
23 minutes ago, fineleg said:

Can we pls stop this hyping up pls!

I wish Sarfraz well, but he has scored this after a really long time and that too on batting conditions. Opening a "tracking performance thread" is a bit of hype at this point. If he has a very strong year (atleast) or two, then yes lets drum it up then.

I think I saw strokes and an attitude which I like .. heron he can only go up as u rightly said he has been bad since three years . 

Hoping him luck but more so I am pleased to see such delightful batting everywhere . It’s a pleasure to not see the rayudu s and Jadhav’s struggling and for a brief period I was super depressed . 
But shaw and sarfaraaz have been talked about in mumbai of which shaw is nearly there while sarfaraaz maybe a late bloomer . 

7 hours ago, mani sha said:

I think I saw strokes and an attitude which I like .. heron he can only go up as u rightly said he has been bad since three years . 

Hoping him luck but more so I am pleased to see such delightful batting everywhere . It’s a pleasure to not see the rayudu s and Jadhav’s struggling and for a brief period I was super depressed . 
But shaw and sarfaraaz have been talked about in mumbai of which shaw is nearly there while sarfaraaz maybe a late bloomer . 

Those Jadhav’s and Rayudu’s look like Viv Richards is domestics as well.

Anyway as someone said Nair is dumped 2-3 games after 300 vs a top team like England and we are talking about Sarfaraz’s 300 on a patta in a domestic game.

I posted this in another thread what is impressive is he came back to the Mumbai system after being dumped for attitude and performance issues. Getting into the Mumbai system itself is an uphill task, so either he has turned it around big time or he is one of those parchi players.

No matter how patta tha pitch was of his 300 inning it surely wud have given him confidence to play long innings, before that he was all about 30-40s . Today he scored a 100 again when he team needed. 

International career may happen or not but at-least he ll be a great addition to domestic setup. Domestic cricket needs such exciting players

Here's how his season has panned out in a nutshell:

Didn't play the tournament opener v Baroda

Dropped and sent to Mumbai Under-23 before round two.

Goes there, makes 40 and a century to earn a recall.

Makes fighting 71* v Karnataka at BKC; lone positive in defeat

Wastes a start, out for 36 against TN in Chennai

Roars back to make 301* against former side UP to make a statement

Follows it up with an imposing run-a-ball double ton v Himachal

source cricinfo

6 hours ago, nsareen said:

in an article he says he was bluntly told by kohli to focus on fitness & was released from RCB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kohli's obsession with fitness is bang on. It helps in maximizing the output of a sports person. But as usual his man management of a junior talent as a senior and captain of the side plus national team is pathetic. Infact this is the very reason why he should not be the captain. He just doesn't know how to groom young people. Add to this the doubt whether he really means it because he forgets these principles when selecting people closer to him or strong lobbies.

Eg - Time and Kedar Jadhav pulls in hamstrings, but it does not deter Kohli in selecting him.

Dhawan gets injured every alternate series, he gets place just like that instead of KL , Mayank, Shaw and Gill  putting in numbers.

The major scam with Shardul where he got injured and then came back without any fitness test and then got injured after couple of balls. He gets into the team again and again inspite of hiding facts from medical team.

Same will happen with Pandya. While he has potential, if Dube does better than him in LOI, he will still be put into bench or even kicked out of squad.

Kohli released KL Rahul for Sarfaraz when the latter was not yet a finished prodycty, that's when KL had his standout performance in IPL. He gave the same treatment to Sarfaraz the next year and fortunately he has taken it as a challenge as well and trying to put numbers in domestic. Hope Pant also follow the pattern and produces a stellar IPL.

1 hour ago, RajBan said:

Kohli's obsession with fitness is bang on. It helps in maximizing the output of a sports person. But as usual his man management of a junior talent as a senior and captain of the side plus national team is pathetic. Infact this is the very reason why he should not be the captain. He just doesn't know how to groom young people. Add to this the doubt whether he really means it because he forgets these principles when selecting people closer to him or strong lobbies.

Eg - Time and Kedar Jadhav pulls in hamstrings, but it does not deter Kohli in selecting him.

Dhawan gets injured every alternate series, he gets place just like that instead of KL , Mayank, Shaw and Gill  putting in numbers.

The major scam with Shardul where he got injured and then came back without any fitness test and then got injured after couple of balls. He gets into the team again and again inspite of hiding facts from medical team.

Same will happen with Pandya. While he has potential, if Dube does better than him in LOI, he will still be put into bench or even kicked out of squad.

Kohli released KL Rahul for Sarfaraz when the latter was not yet a finished prodycty, that's when KL had his standout performance in IPL. He gave the same treatment to Sarfaraz the next year and fortunately he has taken it as a challenge as well and trying to put numbers in domestic. Hope Pant also follow the pattern and produces a stellar IPL.

Will not deny the points mentioned here... sad that nobody is wiser & powerful enough to stop him doing everything he wishes..

I saw both the innings and this guy has got it all.. the attitude, hunger, and penchant for fight. I can imagine how delightful it would be to have Shaw and Sarfraz just banging it together for Mumbai or even better - for India. His has such a great intent, reminded me of Sehwag - I know it is a big praise - a bit. Hope he scores even more heavily and continues to knock on the door!

Imagine this for 2023 -

Shaw

Rohit

Brat 

Rahul

Iyer/Gill

Sarfraz/Pant 

Pandya

Shades of 2011 line up in there..

Edited by Sandeep99