Rishabh Pant is not a natural keeper, needs to work really hard: Ravi Shastri

nevada

10 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He doesn't have to say this in public even if it is true. Stupid Ravi bot. 

exactly neways public with his every mistake starts chanting dhoni dhoni which in itself can be breaking now coach openely is saying. john wright inside dressing room held sehwag by collar for his mistake but never criticized him in public 

‘Rishabh Pant is special, will back him to the hilt,’ Ravi Shastri 

Link - https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/rishabh-pant-is-special-will-back-him-to-the-hilt-ravi-shastri-exclusive/story-xgl6Gn9heH5tqg5jvhpZ4N.html

A few month back

ye kaisi backing hai- public criticism , dropping after perfomance in test, dropped after doing well in Last odi series 

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

‘Rishabh Pant is special, will back him to the hilt,’ Ravi Shastri 

Link - https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/rishabh-pant-is-special-will-back-him-to-the-hilt-ravi-shastri-exclusive/story-xgl6Gn9heH5tqg5jvhpZ4N.html

A few month back

ye kaisi backing hai- public criticism , dropping after perfomance in test, dropped after doing well in Last odi series 

My gut feeling is he said this to back KL Rahul's promotion as keeper as he is "unofficially" a part time keeper.  Although he kept like full time in the few matches we saw, that is not his designated role. So questions will arise why do you play a part time keeper when you have a full time one. To justify Pant is also like a part-time keeper he probably threw this soundbite.

It will be a criminal injustice if Dhoni steps out of the team for more than a year, then waltzes back just in time for a important icc event. Are the selectors sleeping on the job that they don't have the balls to confront dhonis pr machinery. 

Regarding Pant he should definitely be backed. Even if Dhoni weasels his way back into the team its not like he will play for another two years. You need the next white ball keeper ready and if that's not Pant you'd have to start with Samson or Kishan. Remember they too are young and will have plenty of missteps before settling down. 

I don't see rahul being a long term keeper. He is first among the next batch and we should let him feel secure in his position instead of having to keep to justify his place. 

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

My gut feeling is he said this to back KL Rahul's promotion as keeper as he is "unofficially" a part time keeper.  Although he kept like full time in the few matches we saw, that is not his designated role. So questions will arise why do you play a part time keeper when you have a full time one. To justify Pant is also like a part-time keeper he probably threw this soundbite.

my gut feeling is MSK n shastri only job is justify kohli fragile mind . I have shastri heard talking about adding n backing youngsters for years in commentary and he is doing exact opposite of that 

If after 2 games pandey fails and pant comes n smashes the **** out of bowler they ll say- he has matured and learned ( 2 game men mature bhi kar denge ) and if he fails 2 games after that they ll say - Pant has to play with maturity 

2 minutes ago, ganeshran said:

I don't see rahul being a long term keeper. He is first among the next batch and we should let him feel secure in his position instead of having to keep to justify his place. 

knowing kohli he wont be even a long term option- till last yr it was Rahul who being dropped after making runs in wc, doing well in t20s and now all of sudden he becomes no.1 keeper . 

With kohli nothing is permanent 

12 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Too much noise is being about Pant, an inexperienced youngster and now it's getting boring. Just get on with the games.

I wonder if he has anything to say about the Mumbai trundler Thakur and how exactly he is in the squad.

Lol he’s gettting games because we need the chuski trundler quota :csk:

9 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

knowing kohli he wont be even a long term option- till last yr it was Rahul who being dropped after making runs in wc, doing well in t20s and now all of sudden he becomes no.1 keeper . 

With kohli nothing is permanent 

They are looking for a scapegoat(s) to fit in Dhawan (in T20s) and Dhoni (if/when he becomes available) :dontknow:

Edited by zen
17 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

BCCI should give shastri some counselling sessions. 

If any player says anything publicaly BCCI punishes them. But here we have a coach with an agenda who speaks publically bad about a player he is supposed to help and talks about getting an oldie back based on IPL form and BCCI does nothing 

33 minutes ago, sergio04 said:

That's why they are playing politics.

Dhoni is going to play t20 wc whether we like it or not.

TM could be working towards the following top 6 for the 2020 T20WC:

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli

KL (conditioning him to play in MO in T20s by making him WK and bat in MO in ODIs as well) 

Dhoni (back in the 11 after the IPL20 and to the welcoming chants of Thala Thala)

Other motivation could be that SA last qualified for T20 SF in 2014 so may be Ind wants to help it this time reach the semis, along with Eng, .... :dontknow:

Edited by zen
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Nothing wrong with the statement,Shastri is coach so he is giving his opinion.Pant has been the  keeper in short formats since world cup and it was his  postion to lose and he lost it. Pant did not do anything to lose is test keeping slot, I would still make him the test keeper.

So suddenly Rahul is a natural keeper?

8 minutes ago, zen said:

TM could be working towards the following top 6 for the 2020 T20WC:

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli

KL (conditioning him to play in MO in T20s by making him WK and bat in MO in ODIs as well) 

Dhoni (back in 11 after the IPL)

Other motivation could be that SA last qualified for T20 SF in 2014 so may be Ind wants to help it this time to reach the semis, along with Eng, .... :dontknow:

My team would be

Rahul

Prithwi

Virat

Shreyas

Pant

Pandya

Sundar

Yuzi/kuldeep/Rahul chahar

Shami

Bumrah

Saini