Sehwag: "If Dhoni was captain, Bumrah wouldn't have bowled the Super Over"

RTR2HBXK.jpeg

Sehwag on Cricbuzz post-match show:

"If Dhoni was captain, Bumrah wouldn't have bowled the Super Over. Because whe you have a bad day, you're only looking to hide.

I can guarantee you, if Dhoni was captain, he would've made Ravindra Jadeja bowl the Super Over and told him to just bowl wide. Then forget 17, he would not even have given 6 runs."

32 minutes ago, nevada said:

Dhoni would have gambled with Dubey and ended up conceding not 17, but 25-30 runs. Arguments can go both ways. Bumrah is the clutchest bowler in the Indian line-up. It makes sense to bet on him, even if he is having a bad day. I do t think Kohli did anything wrong by going with him.

I didn't watch the game. I had no clue what had happened but i watched highlights and my first reaction was why is Bumrah bowling super over! Why not Shami who had a good game.

Edited by rkt.india
5 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

^A bit off topic but I would say Shami is grossly underrated, even on this forum. 

The guy is our most lethal bowler,(across formats) ever! Could arguably make both the All-time Indian Test and ODI XIs, imo. But yet had to sit on the bench in a WC SF for average players like Bhuvi and Chahal. :facepalm:

What sets him apart is his ability to set up batsmen and take wickets, regardless of format. 2 to get off 4 balls and he just bossed the batsmen around. Even the one run NZ got off the last 4 balls was a bye which another keeper might have prevented  You can only contain for so long, you have to take wickets to take the game away from the opposition. Of course, he also has a habit of bowling hittable deliveries in the slog overs but the same can be said for other bowlers also. Cummins and Starc were both nothing special after the first match of the recent series. Pressure can impact even the highest ranked bowlers. 

5 minutes ago, nevada said:

What sets him apart is his ability to set up batsmen and take wickets, regardless of format. 2 to get off 4 balls and he just bossed the batsmen around. Even the one run NZ got off the last 4 balls was a bye which another keeper might have prevented  You can only contain for so long, you have to take wickets to take the game away from the opposition. Of course, he also has a habit of bowling hittable deliveries in the slog overs but the same can be said for other bowlers also. Cummins and Starc were both nothing special after the first match of the recent series. Pressure can impact even the highest ranked bowlers. 

i don’t really know about setting up batsmen, you never get that vibe with shami. That’s a Bumrah specialty. But every now and then Shami will bowl a peach out of nowhere. Basically Agarkar on steroids IMO