Egg Industry kill male chicks cruelly

coffee_rules

https://www.kinderworld.org/videos/egg-industry/baby-chicks-ground-up-alive/

hese hatcheries breed the chicks who will grow to live miserable lives in egg farms. Since the hatcheries can only sell the females, the males get killed in horrible ways such as being shredded alive.

To learn more about this investigation from Aussie Farms & Animal Liberation, visit the website EggsExposed.com.

Video in the link above will make you stop eating eggs. At least, I will.

Plant industry makes plants scream in pain.  We just cannot hear the wavelengths.  If we could, we wouldn't eat plants either.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/scientists-record-stressed-out-plants-emitting-ultrasonic-squeals-180973716/

--------------------------------------

In recent years, it’s become abundantly clear that plants are far more sensitive than researchers once gave them credit for. They respond when touched by insectsturn toward sources of light, and some even sniff out other plants. Others are even sensitive to anesthetics, suggesting that they’re capable of experiencing something akin to “pain.”

“Plants are not just robotic, stimulus-response devices,” Frantisek Baluska of the University of Bonn in Germany told Joanna Klein at the New York Times last year. “They’re living organisms which have their own problems.”

----------------------------------------

All organisms respond to physical insults in some way, but the further away they are from us on the evolutionary scale, the less we "feel for them."

Edited by Param Mastishk Pheeka

On 1/30/2020 at 10:57 PM, coffee_rules said:

https://www.kinderworld.org/videos/egg-industry/baby-chicks-ground-up-alive/

Video in the link above will make you stop eating eggs. At least, I will.

Male calves too are starved , or in case of buffalo slaughtered or not properly taken care of as they too are burden for farmers. Unfortunately all animal products come with cruelity to animals. 

12 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

The post by @Singh bling in the above post is not referring to eating beef. I think most (if not all) of the posters here don't eat beef. 

Milk is produced by cows and he was talking about how male calves are also ill treated by farmers. 

The vegans give such reasons and avoid milk and all milk products.
So, will you stop drinking milk since it is produced only with similar animal cruelty?

I surely cannot avoid consuming milk for any such reason. Similarly, cruelty to male chicks cannot become reason for some people to avoid eating eggs. 

5 hours ago, sarcastic said:

The post by @Singh bling in the above post is not referring to eating beef. I think most (if not all) of the posters here don't eat beef. 

Milk is produced by cows and he was talking about how male calves are also ill treated by farmers. 

The vegans give such reasons and avoid milk and all milk products.
So, will you stop drinking milk since it is produced only with similar animal cruelty?

I surely cannot avoid consuming milk for any such reason. Similarly, cruelty to male chicks cannot become reason for some people to avoid eating eggs. 

For your consideration, I am seriously thinking of avoiding eggs, cakes, donuts, milk and Indian sweets. Vegan it is. It always starts with one person, not judging others, maybe turning to be a Jain is not a bad idea. Spirituality and rituals are more or less the same and they are satvic in diet.

Edited by coffee_rules

On 2/1/2020 at 9:13 PM, coffee_rules said:

For your consideration, I am seriously thinking of avoiding eggs, cakes, donuts, milk and Indian sweets. Vegan it is. It always starts with one person, not judging others, maybe turning to be a Jain is not a bad idea. Spirituality and rituals are more or less the same and they are satvic in diet.

Very nice to hear that!

Indian vegetarianism (as promoted by ancient Hindu culture) never proscribed milk. Milk is considered fit (one of the primary component) for doing Abhishek of Devi devta in any temple and in some places given as Theertha too. I am good with "milk is vegetarian and satvic" school of thought. 

On 2/1/2020 at 1:36 AM, Singh bling said:

Male calves too are starved , or in case of buffalo slaughtered or not properly taken care of as they too are burden for farmers. Unfortunately all animal products come with cruelity to animals. 

In many places in the hills,they leave the male calves in the forest to fend for themselves.

They are often eaten by the leopards . They become part of the forest food chain.

I don't know if this is as bad as culling or slaughtering for human food.

Edited by beetle

On 2/1/2020 at 8:13 PM, coffee_rules said:

Sorry but all our philosophies say accept who you are. What we are, is an omnivore species and every living creature suffers when turned into food. Therefore suffering of food is valid and farming animals and plants is a necessary suffering.

On 1/31/2020 at 1:22 AM, Muloghonto said:

Makes no difference to me. Food is food and it’s moral for us to do what we wish to food to take care of logistics 

Food is food but need to minimize suffering of animals wouldn't you agree? Don't you have stun guns in slaughterhouses in Canada precisely for that purpose? There will always be killing as long as we are around, but need to become more civilized over time.  

26 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Food is food but need to minimize suffering of animals wouldn't you agree? Don't you have stun guns in slaughterhouses in Canada precisely for that purpose? There will always be killing as long as we are around, but need to become more civilized over time.  

How about plants? Above, I have provided convincing, repeatable scientific evidence that plants feel pain too, but in ways that we cannot sense.   

2 minutes ago, Param Mastishk Pheeka said:

How about plants? Above, I have provided convincing, repeatable scientific evidence that plants feel pain too, but in ways that we cannot sense.   

Plants don't have central nervous system, but yeah you may be right. I can't sense their pain, so inbuilt bias is there. Wish more research is conducted and we come up with methods to minimize pain of more life forms. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Plants don't have central nervous system, but yeah you may be right. I can't sense their pain, so inbuilt bias is there. Wish more research is conducted and we come up with methods to minimize pain of more life forms. 

As the link I posted earlier shows, they scream in pain - literally releasing sound-waves at frequencies we cannot hear and therefore cannot sympathize with.  Their cells release the same chemicals as ours do when pain is inflicted.  As a plant biochemist, this is the kind of stuff that keeps me going!

1 hour ago, Param Mastishk Pheeka said:

As the link I posted earlier shows, they scream in pain - literally releasing sound-waves at frequencies we cannot hear and therefore cannot sympathize with.  Their cells release the same chemicals as ours do when pain is inflicted.  As a plant biochemist, this is the kind of stuff that keeps me going!

At the risk of sounding dumb, I must ask, what’s the difference between you and a botanist ? My mom is a MSc in Botany. Are they the same thing ?!

1 hour ago, Param Mastishk Pheeka said:

I never believed that, but science can't be wrong. So, I will go by what I can feel about what they can feel. Cows and Chicks go through pain that I can imagine. So, hence, I will avoid contributing to that industry. But plants? I got to live, as Basanti would say, "ghoda agar ghaas se dosti karega to khayega kya?"