Bumrah's form - should we be worried?

34 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

dude he is bowling the best out of everyone.

That's not saying much is it with Thakur  and Saini channeling their inner dumb and dumber. The wicket had pace and bounce but our pace spearhead was toothless, contrast that to the NZ second choice seamers. 

I dug up a stat to console myself.

Curtly Ambrose, one of the most fearsome bowlers of all time, went wicketless with ER 4.3 in 3 match series Texaco trophy ‘95. The ER was almost 0.8 higher than his career ER.

Bumrah’s stats this series are as awful as that one. I don’t think Bumrah is a flash in the pan and he will come out stronger from this. There is hope

No need to worry !!

His pace is near normal ... accuracy is decent enough.

He is not going for too many yorkers or bouncers ... perhaps because there is an important test series coming up and these deliveries put extra strain on the body.

I was actually expecting Bumrah to go this route, especially in the ODI series just before the test series 

He needed match practice before tests and he got it.

He is looking fit.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

No need to worry !!

His pace is near normal ... accuracy is decent enough.

He is not going for too many yorkers or bouncers ... perhaps because there is an important test series coming up and these deliveries put extra strain on the body.

I was actually expecting Bumrah to go this route, especially in the ODI series just before the test series 

He needed match practice before tests and he got it.

He is looking fit.

Yup nothing much to worry

i think NZ  has come up with a plan against his bouncers like upper cut and hitting his gull balls on covers. Bumrah just has to come with a counter plan. Also the plan of not giving him wkts might have made him a bit restless as well. So rather worrying on bumrah ill say well played NZ.

This has happened to every cricketer - teams will come up with a plan and player has to come against counter

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Yup nothing much to worry

i think NZ  has come up with a plan against his bouncers like upper cut and hitting his gull balls on covers. Bumrah just has to come with a counter plan. Also the plan of not giving him wkts might have made him a bit restless as well. So rather worrying on bumrah ill say well played NZ.

This has happened to every cricketer - teams will come up with a plan and player has to come against counter

The upper cuts against bouncers have been made easy by ultra short boundaries.  If normal sized boundaries were there, many of them would have been caught. 

The best way to get wickets early on was to target the top of off stump ... but execution of that tactic was made more difficult as a single  wide slip was placed by the captain.  The best incentive to bowl close to the off stump is to keep either a proper first slip or to keep 2 proper slips, whichever is possible to implement.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

The upper cuts against bouncers have been made easy by ultra short boundaries.  If normal sized boundaries were there, many of them would have been caught. 

upper cut mostly goes straight back......forget catching i doubt fielder will cut it also unless u keep a fielder specially for that like NZ did for KL in last few t20s