5th T20I, India tour of New Zealand at Mount Maunganui

Absolute total crap here. Easy opportunity to play Pant in a complete dead rubber game and India choke again in getting match practice into a player who IMO will end up playing the World Cup in Australia.

Terrible terrible team management and forward thinking both for the T20 World Cup and the future of Indian cricket.

History repeating.

Dube Buble, is the player who I would have dropped for this game. Has really struggled to power hit.

I think Pandey as an orthodox cricketer will have a lot of value in Australian conditions for the world cup at 5. If the World Cup was in India, then no, but in Australia he has already proven he can bat well down under.

But the team badly needs two the following three players to play in the team, like Samson, Pant and Pandya. These guys can go big at the end and have tremendous value to the team.

3 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

This comes across as outright harassment of Pant. He should be dropped altogether if he is not in TM scheme of things. 

First they want to screw him over with selection completely, then they will dump him. I hope he whoever he plays for in the IPL that he does well and makes the selectors look like fools.

What is wrong with this TM? Pant is told all along that he is going to be first choice wk, then he gets injured one match in a different format and is benched now in both formats . Now even in dead rubber games he is not getting a chance when the opposition is basically trying all sorts of combinations. What's the point of Rohit playing today at 3 , what good will come out of it. Someone needs to ask these questions. The guy would have been better served to play for India A all this while.

1 minute ago, Vickydev said:

What is wrong with this TM? Pant is told all along that he is going to be first choice wk, then he gets injured one match in a different format and is benched now in both formats . Now even in dead rubber games he is not getting a chance when the opposition is basically trying all sorts of combinations. What's the point of Rohit playing today at 3 , what good will come out of it. Someone needs to ask these questions. The guy would have been better served to play for India A all this while.

Agree. If you don't want to play Pant to protect your chamchas, it's fine. But then let him play like Shaw, Gill, Mayank and others. Or atleast let him play Ranji for Delhi.