Bollywood=cesspool

FischerTal

apart from some genuine talent, whole industry is filled with nepotistic, arrogant, and just plain disgusting fellows. 

one example. here i dont mind the crass language because its become symptomatic of the kind of language spoken in most urban centers of India nowadays, but what is quite stark is the way she is treating the poor man serving her in the blue checkered shirt. 

Edited by FischerTal

16 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

You realizing this now? 

teenage life was different. I used to idolize some of these people back then, but now I don't like them at all, even the so-called nationalists who have hitched the bandwagon since 2014.  Now, I limit myself to just enjoying the songs now. Last time I watched a Bwood movie in theaters was like 2016.

Edited by FischerTal

46 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

teenage life was different. I used to idolize some of these people back then, but now I don't like them at all, even the so-called nationalists who have hitched the bandwagon since 2014.  Now, I limit myself to just enjoying the songs now. Last time I watched a Bwood movie in theaters was like 2016.

Ditto. I have had a total Bollywood boycott policy for some years now. These days I even try to avoid the garbage music they churn out. A bunch of self-centered, narcissistic, no talent jackasses who made a fortune by fooling the gullible public. 

Don’t watch too many new Bollywood films .... mostly watch old classics :nice: 

May check out that new Devgan-Saif film and the Rajni one (if in Hindi) if they are available on Prime .... Might check that film on Kashmir though if the reviews are good 

24 minutes ago, beetle said:

Over generalization and over reaction .

Bollywood community lives in a bubble and Are  out of touch With  reality. That’s a fact 

If someone isn’t then they are the exception to the norm. No generalization here.

Edited by Global.Baba

9 hours ago, FischerTal said:

apart from some genuine talent, whole industry is filled with nepotistic, arrogant, and just plain disgusting fellows. 

one example. here i dont mind the crass language because its become symptomatic of the kind of language spoken in most urban centers of India nowadays, but what is quite stark is the way she is treating the poor man serving her in the blue checkered shirt. 

Oh, the mouth on her.

From what I have heard mostly from few closed family members and friends who have worked in this iindustry, other than Salman, most bollywood. folks from the 90s are decent people to get along with and don't think of themselves as something big, and treat people around them with  utmost respect.. Its the actors who emerged in the last 1 and half decade. are. the onss who think of themselves as some big is what I keep hearing. 

I don't know much about bollywood honestly, but i keep hearing good stuff about   SRK and about actors from his era who are still pretty popular.  Its the new bunch.

Just now, Cricketics said:

From what I have heard mostly from few closed family members and friends who have worked in this iindustry, other than Salman, most bollywood. folks from the 90s are decent people to get along with and don't think of themselves as something big, and treat people around them with  utmost respect.. Its the actors who emerged in the last 1 and half decade. are. the onss who think of themselves as some big is what I keep hearing. 

I don't know much about bollywood honestly, but i keep hearing good stuff about   SRK and about actors from his era who are still pretty popular.  Its the new bunch.

Sanjay Dutt, Maushi ka bhatija Jackie etc etc and also 90s was when the whole Dawood connection was at its prime. 

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

You have been brainwashed!!!!

37 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Sanjay Dutt, Maushi ka bhatija Jackie etc etc and also 90s was when the whole Dawood connection was at its prime. 

if you are an outsider, its nearly impossible to establish a name in this industry. Thats why you see many talented actors either stuck doing TV serials their whole life or now they start doing web series. 

One can even forgive the nepotism that exists in the industry because its a problem all over India in different fields, but what annoys me is their constant preaching and grandstanding morality.

Edited by FischerTal

1 hour ago, Laaloo said:

You have been brainwashed!!!!

These are the people work with these actors or director. Apparently todayss generation actors, with the last. decade included are snobs is what I have heard. I have barely seen 1 movie each of all the. new actors, so don't know much about them. 

1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

Agreed, these guys  don't act anymore as much right? Probably a movie or two here. SRK and many popular ones including Hrithik, Shahid those who  hit the limlight in early 2000 is also what I am trying to point out,  and not just your Ranveer singhs etc. 

playing this song on repeat. beautiful. 

also highlights the point of this thread. Sara Ali Khan, zero acting talent but already on her 3rd big feature film. Kartik only got the film cuz apparently he's dating Sara right now. 

Unless you are an out of this world talent like Arijit, who is singing the song, you pretty much have no hope in this industry. 

14 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

playing this song on repeat. beautiful. 

also highlights the point of this thread. Sara Ali Khan, zero acting talent but already on her 3rd big feature film. Kartik only got the film cuz apparently he's dating Sara right now. 

Unless you are an out of this world talent like Arijit, who is singing the song, you pretty much have no hope in this industry. 

Lol is he playing a fckin retard or what? Looks like a stoned Ranbir Kapoor and less said about Saif's daughter the better.