According to PTI, BCCI sources said Rohit Sharma has been ruled out of the ODI and Test series against New Zealand. Mayank replaces him in ODIs

Lol. I hd forgotten.. dhawan is also injured... So.. kl Rahul will be certainly opening with shaw..  so who will be called as replacement for rohit?.. mayank or gill?? 

This also provide a fancy opportunity for pant.. as he can find a place at no 5.. if somehow team management doesn't fuvk up with inclusion of kedar jadhav in playing eleven..

5 minutes ago, SUMO said:

Mayank and Shaw should open. Keep Rahul at 5

Noway.. given rahul fantastic run of form team will want him to open.. nd obviously team management won't gamble with two inexperienced openers in New Zealand.. i can sense pant will find a place in playing eleven in middle order.. also with manish pandey.. 

1 minute ago, Sgattick10 said:

I was talking about test, in ODIs m ok with Rahul opening.

Mayank with gill.. gill will be included in playing eleven considering his recent double century against nz A.. however .. rahul also can find a place in test team.. tho gill has been scoring heavily of late with india A .. so he might get an edge over rahul..

24 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Shaw should have been named ODI opener ahead of Mayank.  Rahul should have been named Test opener ahead of Shubman. 

This pecking order nonsense is starting to really get on my nerves.

Shaw is already in the ODI squad right? He was always going to start with Rohit in the original scheme of things.