Coke said this about Pepsi decades ago.....

suraj

"They are not a challenge for us let them play their game we will play ours, we do not consider them as a competition." Is ICL going to be the Pepsi for Lalit Modi in a few years?? 'Let's have an ICL vs IPL match' Times Now March 25: The ICL-IPL rivalry has taken a new turn, this time it is ICL's Lahore Badshahs team skipper Inzamam-ul-Haq proposing a tussle on the field and the Chairman of ICL, Kapil Dev backing it. Inzamam wanted a match between the winners of the ICL and the IPL. Sources tell Times Now that this statement could just be an attempt to gain a little popularity with the second edition of the Indian Cricket league coming to a close. Kapil Dev said, "It's good for cricket. If nobody has ego problems, then it will serve well for the game and the betterment of the nation." Inzamam had earlier said, "It would be a good idea to have best-of-three finals between the winners of both the leagues. I don't see ICL and IPL as enemies of each other. After all, both are meant to promote cricket." Meanwhile, IPL Chief, Lalit Modi plainly snubs the proposal of having a match between IPL and ICL. Lalit Modi said, "They are not a challenge for us let them play their game we will play ours, we do not consider them as a competition."

I think u r correct. ICL has been a very welcome change. they have shown what professionalism can bring to cricket. ICL has been the single biggest factor in increasing remuneration to domestic cricketers and allocation of large amounts for infrastructure of cricket grounds/stadia in most state associations. ICL should be encouraged and the ICL players should be allowed to compete for places in the indians team and other teams like A team, under 19, state, zone teams. I hope some one files court cases on BCCI and get the monopoly of BCCI broken up. with so much of difficulty in getting grounds, threat of life ban for paticipating cricketers, ICL has popularised their tournaments and made decent progress, DESPITE BOTH HANDS TIED BEHIND THEIR BACK. BCCI has so much money and power, it will try every trick in the book to make IPL , a bigger success than ICL.COKE DID NOT HAVE THAT LUXURY BUT BCCI enjoys it.

Not a bad idea. Another good idea to settle the oldsters versus youngsters debate in India is to have an Old India versus Young India test match and three ODI series as well. I reckon that would be awesome!
Test match...yes, that will be interesting. The yeng Robin Uthappa will score a 15 in 12 balls, yeng Dinesh Karthik a 9 in 6 balls, and the yengsters will score all of 120 Test runs but at a stunning SR of 95. The oldies will score at a tortoise SR of 45 but will win it in an innings :P Pls. add Yuseless-in-Tests Singh to the yengster team :haha: 2020 or ODIs is altogether different story.
Guest Hiten.
A lot of us say ICL should be encouraged etc.' date=' I think the same but frankly after having watched the odd game here and there haven't been excited enough to encourage it.[/quote'] Got to agree with you. I am ridiculed everytime I check the score of ICL games. Our 'rebel' youngsters have been outplayd by retired oldies of the game (atleast 90% of the games). How do they expect to be picked for national squad if this is what they have to offer ?