Pakistani behind Bernie Sanders success

Aiden

1 hour ago, JourneyMan said:

Sanders is probably the only candidate who stands a realistic chance vs Trump. I'm curious to see who he picks as running mate. 

I can't see any other jokestars from the left taking on the orange man. Yang was an exception but he dropped out since he didn't have enough followers. 

On 2/13/2020 at 10:47 PM, coffee_rules said:

When Bernie’s on ticket all of Hindus will vote for Trump, he’s an untouchable 

Don't count on it.  Fear of the radical Christian right may transcend fear of paying 15% more tax.  Plus the software types take pride in their "progressivism."  Things I've heard from progressive desis:

• I support gay rights (but my child can never be "abnormal" like that).
  • White people are racist (but I will not put my child in School X because there are too many black/Hispanic kids)
  • White people are so ignorant and disrespectful of our culture (what is there in their culture? Ours is so ancient.)
  • Bernie Sanders speaks for common men like me and will take on corporations! (oh crap, I left my iPhone XII in the Mercedes, I need it to sell 5000 Amazon shares now ... doh din mein dugna!)
  • Chal ... woh organic-waala Scotch pilaa.

... okay, I made up the last one :-).

1 hour ago, Param Mastishk Pheeka said:

Don't count on it.  Fear of the radical Christian right may transcend fear of paying 15% more tax.  Plus the software types take pride in their "progressivism."  Things I've heard from progressive desis:

• White people are racist (but I will not put my child in School X because there are too many black/Hispanic kids)
  • White people are so ignorant and disrespectful of our culture (what is there in their culture? Ours is so ancient.)
  • Bernie Sanders speaks for common men like me and will take on corporations! (oh crap, I left my iPhone XII in the Mercedes, I need it to sell 5000 Amazon shares now ... doh din mein dugna!)

Yes, you are right , OCI Hindus are as dumb as you have highlighted. I see them spout the same talking points as you listed

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Yes, you are right , OCI Hindus are as dumb as you have highlighted. I see them spout the same talking points as you listed

BTW, my vote goes to Amy Klobuchar.  Sensible, dignified, understated, has middle-of-the-road pragmatic policies, has science-based views on things I know a little about (food and ag policy), accomplished Senator.  A boring policy-nerd most of the time, but has been abrasive when necessary in the debates.  

Steady, pragmatic, scientific approach is what the nation needs.  We can do with less rhetoric, more unity.  Glad to see her hanging on.   

Edited by Param Mastishk Pheeka

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Mod Bhakts will all vote for Trump. If the economy stays strong with a surging stock market and low unemployment, no one will be able to displace Trump. If Congress could not impeach him, what’s a few Democratic candidates? As much I despise him (certainly not vote for him), I have to give him props for creating an atmosphere of fear among Republican politicians and a rabid fan base.

However, of all the candidates, Bernie will give him the most competition since he is also running on a populist platform and has a rabid fan base.

4 hours ago, Param Mastishk Pheeka said:

POTW

1 hour ago, Param Mastishk Pheeka said:

BTW, my vote goes to Amy Klobuchar.  Sensible, dignified, understated, has middle-of-the-road pragmatic policies, has science-based views on things I know a little about (food and ag policy), accomplished Senator.  A boring policy-nerd most of the time, but has been abrasive when necessary in the debates.  

Steady, pragmatic, scientific approach is what the nation needs.  We can do with less rhetoric, more unity.  Glad to see her hanging on.   

You don’t understand that the Democratic Party is at a cross-roads. The progressive wing won’t let centrist candidates on the ballot and if they are nominated, they will just stay at home or even worse, they will vote for trump to spite the democratic establishment. 

2 hours ago, FischerTal said:

You don’t understand that the Democratic Party is at a cross-roads. The progressive wing won’t let centrist candidates on the ballot and if they are nominated, they will just stay at home or even worse, they will vote for trump to spite the democratic establishment. 

Very true. And then the Dems wonder why they are in such disarray. Unfortunately there is no room for moderation on either side.  

On 2/16/2020 at 4:02 AM, JourneyMan said:

Doubt it, their politics are too different. 

Democratic party thrives on gay community support, that probably is their main agenda, everything else is secondary. How can a young man with no experience, other than a not very successful mayor of a village is so high in their polls. 

10 hours ago, First class said:

Democratic party thrives on gay community support, that probably is their main agenda, everything else is secondary. How can a young man with no experience, other than a not very successful mayor of a village is so high in their polls. 

Sanders is running for universal healthcare, cancellation of student loans, establishing a minimum wage and introducing a wealth tax.

Buttigieg stands for none of these. He is a centrist while Sanders is staunchly to the left and therefore even further away from Buttigieg than the average Republican. 

Edited by JourneyMan