Match Thread : India v/s New Zealand XI Practice Match at Hamilton

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

9th innings on this tour without 50, highest being 37 till now

It is unfair to drop him given his recent run. But this doesn't look good. KL Rahul's unimaginable re-entry is not very far if Agarwal continues like this in moving conditions. Very reason why KL Rahul lost his spot. It will be quiet ironic if he lose to Rahul for the same reason.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

Let us not talk about dumping everyone. Think about Kohli's struggles in England and West Indies early on in his career.  They are potentially good players. They just need iron out some chinks. Of the three Mayank a more experienced first class player should find a way to survive.

Of 3 i most worried about mayank as this has been his purple patch and when u struggle in that patch and if he struggles here means issues are serious . 

If he slips it wud be hard for him to make a comeback as rahul is already knocking on door, rohit will comeback n shaw n gill already there. 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Of 3 i most worried about mayank as this has been his purple patch and when u struggle in that patch and if he struggles here means issues are serious . 

If he slips it wud be hard for him to make a comeback as rahul is already knocking on door, rohit will comeback n shaw n gill already there. 

Definitely there is no reason like Rahane who sucked everywhere for 2 years. This guy scored 2  double centuries only recently.  If he is a bunny in moving conditions he will be a disaster in England too.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

It is unfair to drop him given his recent run. But this doesn't look good. KL Rahul's unimaginable re-entry is not very far if Agarwal continues like this in moving conditions. Very reason why KL Rahul lost his spot. It will be quiet ironic if he lose to Rahul for the same reason.

Lucky for him that the next test series is at the end of the year so he ll have enough time incase he fails so ppl forget it. 

Kl issue was also poor form and in poor form technical issue creep in but this is mayank purple patch. Now KL is back in form he is showing not much of issues....playing less false shots, head on ball, playing close to body.

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Definitely there is no reason like Rahane who sucked everywhere for 2 years. This guy scored 2  double centuries only recently.  If he is a bunny in moving conditions he will be a disaster in England too.

He ll definately have problem in ENG n SA as balls jaggs a lot. Luckily Sa attack isnt same anymore . Has has this habbit of pushing at balls outside off .

He shud definately go for a county season this year. 

Last eng -a tour he avg 17

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Lucky for him that the next test series is at the end of the year so he ll have enough time incase he fails so ppl forget it. 

Kl issue was also poor form and in poor form technical issue creep in but this is mayank purple patch. Now KL is back in form he is showing not much of issues....playing less false shots, head on ball, playing close to body.

KL Rahul is also high on confidence now.  I never expected Agarwal to be such a dud like this.

It is the manner of the dismissals that is shocking. It is almost like you give him 10 chances he still won't cross 25 runs. Edgewal

exactly.in hindsight him playing his tests in australia and india masked his weakness which was the reason he never made it to the indian side.

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

KL Rahul is also high on confidence now.  I never expected Agarwal to be such a dud like this.

Well lets wait till we come to that conclusion .

Im not shocked have said this long before that aggarwal n iyer have some issues in their game. I have same fear for iyer as well but he plays LOI where he wont be tested much but still a day wud come. 

The thing is they still come from very strong domestic background that they ll do well as most teams are duds im away conditions and teams like SL are dud at home to. So chances of scoring in many series become high and they both knw how to pounce on it

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Well lets wait till we come to that conclusion .

Im not shocked have said this long before that aggarwal n iyer have some issues in their game. I have same fear for iyer as well but he plays LOI where he wont be tested much but still a day wud come. 

The thing is they still come from very strong domestic background that they ll do well as most teams are duds im away conditions and teams like SL are dud at home to. So chances of scoring in many series become high and they both knw how to pounce on it

One thing about Iyer is he doesn't push like him. He plays the ball side on. So he is able to get on top of the ball. Also very good off his pads. His problem will be bouncers.

I thought Shreyas Iyer would struggle in moving conditions lol  He looks like a million dollar compared to this guy. Even Vijay Shankar looked more organized against Boult.

Grass always looks greener on other side, be rest assured it ll be worse for iyer.  

I can count his weakness n its more then aggarwal. Both will have issues outside off , iyer more coz he plays far away from body and has bad habbits from LOI. Aggarwal is good with ball coming in but iyer will be in trouble with that also as he plays to across and his feet goes nowhere...prime candidate for inswinger. Iyer also is weaker against short pitch then mayank. 

Shankar is very very sound batsman then both, its diff to pin point weakness in his game for red ball.