Match Thread : India v/s New Zealand XI Practice Match at Hamilton

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

One thing about Iyer is he doesn't push like him. He plays the ball side on. So he is able to get on top of the ball. Also very good off his pads. His problem will be bouncers.

Iyer plays far away from body and his feet doesnt move , it doesnt get caught coz by the time he comes to bat in odi the ball stops moving and most days avg bowlers are bowling middle over. 

There was a reason he was not in considering for red format in recent years.

Just now, SUMO said:

looks like kugline (or whatever) is getting lot of bounce and some movement with his slinging action

Wait and watch in the second day pitch will become a belter where someone from NZ will score 250 lol This has been the story for decades in NZ. This has happened to some of our most vaunted line ups as well.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

Wait and watch in the second day pitch will become a belter where someone from NZ will score 250 lol This has been the story for decades in NZ. This has happened to some of our most vaunted line ups as well.

Yes. But it was good challenge for our young batters/openers. Had they scored a few here they would have derived a lot of confidence which they cant get scoring a 100 in 2nd innings.

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

They say about him he is at his best when he tries to swing it and he gets great away movement but he is at worse when he lacks confidence to do it and starts bowling with cross seam.

Might be. He was bowling 90% cross seam in LOIs

Ball has softened. Movement won't be there after some time. This is why you need guys like Pujara. Very rare to find batsmen who don't feel the constant urge to feel the ball. Jaiswal is a bit like Pujara in that regard. He hardly touches the ball for 10 overs even in one dayers. Rohit would have been a sitting duck here. Gill i would excuse. He clicked 3 innings in a row. 

Edited by vvvslaxman
1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

Ball has softened. Movement won't be there after some time. This is why you need guys like Pujara. Very rare to find batsmen who don't feel the constant urge to feel the ball. Jaiswal is a bit like Pujara in that regard. He hardly touches the ball for 10 overs even in one dayers. Rohit would have been a sitting duck here. Gill i would excuse. He clicked 3 innings in a row. 

I worry about Shaw in these conditions,he has shown 0 patience in his career.

Just now, cowboysfan said:

I worry about Shaw in these conditions,he has shown 0 patience in his career.

Yes. This is why i always look at the ability of players to leave the ball. First time when Kohli went to England, he was clueless. he was blindly attempting to leave the ball only to see ball coming back in. It took a lot of dedication to get the issue addressed. M Vijay was the only guy in recent times who look supremely confident as an opener for 3 series. Pujara is also another guy who is willing to bide his time.  KL Rahul had similar issue. I will give some benefit of doubt to these guys to get their issue fixed.