Match Thread : India v/s New Zealand XI Practice Match at Hamilton

Once again repeating, about time we think about reversing our batting order or at least making changes so that our best batsmen get easy conditions. Exception rather than the rule. 

If it is a green mamba and we are inserted in 1st test something like this:

Bumrah

Jadeja/Ashwin

Saini

Pujara

Vihari

Kohli

Rahane

Shaw

Gill

Pant

Shami

If the top 3 can last even 8 overs (roughly 45 minutes) without scoring a run I will take it. Rather than 25/3 with openers and Kohli dismissed. Lower order batsmen are generally not good enough to edge many peaches, and if they hang on a bit NZ bowlers might get frustrated and panic. Surprise factor as well. 

Edited by Gollum
10 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Once again repeating, about time we think about reversing our batting order or at least making changes so that our best batsmen get easy conditions. Exception rather than the rule. 

If it is a green mamba and we are inserted in 1st test something like this:

Bumrah

Jadeja/Ashwin

Saini

Pujara

Vihari

Kohli

Rahane

Shaw

Gill

Pant

Shami

If the top 3 can last even 8 overs (roughly 45 minutes) without scoring a run I will take it. Rather than 25/3 with openers and Kohli dismissed. Lower order batsmen are generally not good enough to edge many peaches, and if they hang on a bit NZ bowlers might get frustrated and panic. Surprise factor as well. 

Are you trolling ? :hysterical:

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Of 3 i most worried about mayank as this has been his purple patch and when u struggle in that patch and if he struggles here means issues are serious . 

If he slips it wud be hard for him to make a comeback as rahul is already knocking on door, rohit will comeback n shaw n gill already there. 

Purple patch was but it is over now.

23 minutes ago, SinNombre said:

Typical NZ pitch appears like, demons only for the first session and then keeps easing out.

Questions to ponder - 

Which 2 out of Mayank, Gill, Shaw?

Ashwin or Jadeja?

Umesh or Saini to replace Ishant?

Will Pant play?

Gill and Shaw, just because Mayank looks terribly out of form.

Ashwin ahead of Jadeja, Ashwin is a more versatile spinner

Umesh/Saini is difficult call, would have loved fit Bhuvi here.

Pant will not even be in the 12 lol

3 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Whoever they pick for openers, they should stick with them for atleast 2-3 series.

My pick, Agarwal and Gill. 

are you kidding,this isnt some ODI game.every game has actual stake now in case you forgot about the Test championship,this is not the venue for experimenting or hoping players will come back into form. 

1 hour ago, SinNombre said:

Typical NZ pitch appears like, demons only for the first session and then keeps easing out.

Questions to ponder - 

Which 2 out of Mayank, Gill, Shaw?

Ashwin or Jadeja?

Umesh or Saini to replace Ishant?

Will Pant play?

ideally should be gill-shaw. instead, we will see agarwal-vihari

ideally ashwin for patta, and jaddu for a pitch where batting is more important (since he's becoming a genuine no. 7)

should be saini, but TM will pick ummi

Pant will not even be in the 12 and won't be wearing the pants.

3 minutes ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

Gill and shaw for me,but i'm sure agarwal will play.Mighty impressed by hanuma,he is our laxman replacement finally.

I don't think he is. laxman was very easy on the ways, and a superb crisis player - in 2011, he saved/won us 4 matches from precarious positions. he is very underrated, although he did have his share of weaknesses against the moving ball. in contrast, vihari seems better suited against moving ball but not short-pitched deliveries. I think he is more of a solid player who puts a price on his wicket and chugs along steadily - more like pujara than laxman, who was a virtuoso with the bat.