Match Thread : India v/s New Zealand XI Practice Match at Hamilton

Over last one year or so, we have witnessed the importance of young players being made to play Ranji cricket. See how Vihari, Agarwal and Iyer have turned out. I would love to see Gill and Pant playing in Ranji whenever they are not getting chance in A team or senior team.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, cowboysfan said:

are you kidding,this isnt some ODI game.every game has actual stake now in case you forgot about the Test championship,this is not the venue for experimenting or hoping players will come back into form. 

It's a tricky thing. Too much chop and change will not yield results in the long term either. We need to look to develop team for the finals, since we have almost secured place in the top two. 

1 minute ago, zen said:

With most of Ind batsmen dropped off like bowling pins, NZ bowlers must have felt like they were at an alley than a cricket field :lol:

boult, wagner, southee, jamieson and CdG will be raring to go on a proper green top. will get to see some "dirty dancing" from our team.

Vihari and Pujara played perfect test match innings. Soaked up the pressure, accumulated some runs and developed a partnership. Once set, punished all the bowlers and pumped up the run rate to over 3. Excellent partnership. I really liked the temperament of Vihari. Also executed some sixes.

Pant wasted a great opportunity to spend some time in the middle. His mind is *ed up. 

Just now, nitinbwj said:

Vihari and Pujara played perfect test match innings. Soaked up the pressure, accumulated some runs and developed a partnership. Once set, punished all the bowlers and pumped up the run rate to over 3. Excellent partnership. I really liked the temperament of Vihari. Also executed some sixes.

Pant wasted a great opportunity to spend some time in the middle. His mind is *ed up. 

yes, great planning by TM and selectors to screw with young cricketers' heads. expect more of same with regards to gill and shaw.

Smart tactic to give Sodhi 3 wickets. Entice them to play a spinner in 1st test. Don't worry too much about the scorecard, main thing is not to get injured in these matches. Happy for Vihari, he should play 1st test and bowl a few overs of off-spin. Ashwin not needed, Saha not needed in these conditions. Mayank sorry, he has been struggling for a while. 

Just now, Gollum said:

Smart tactic to give Sodhi 3 wickets. Entice them to play a spinner in 1st test. Don't worry too much about the scorecard, main thing is not to get injured in these matches. Happy for Vihari, he should play 1st test and bowl a few overs of off-spin. Ashwin not needed, Saha not needed in these conditions. Mayank sorry, he has been struggling for a while. 

I suspect Ashwin, Saha, Mayank, etc will all play because of "seniority"