Saha 0 Pant 7, who should play?

7 hours ago, NameGoesHere said:

Saha is one of, if not the best, pure wicketkeepers in the world right now.  Whatever he is, it isn't mediocre.  

And if we're using his batting ability to call Saha mediocre, well one could very well call Pant a mediocre keeper. 

There's no way either of them is mediocre IMO.

Batting like tailender irrespective of keeping ability is mediocre in today's times. May be not in pre-gilchrist era.

Pant's keeping was good enough during last overseas tours and he can improve. But saha cant improve his batting, its going downhill.

1 hour ago, zen said:

Performances in SENA: 

View overall figures [change view]
Primary team India  remove India from query
Opposition team Australia  remove Australia from query or England  remove England from query or New Zealand  remove New Zealand from query or South Africaremove South Africa from query
Home or away away (home of opposition)  remove away (home of opposition) from query
Start of match date greater than or equal to 1 Jan 2000  remove greater than or equal to 1 Jan 2000 from query
Wicketkeeper as designated wicketkeeper  remove as designated wicketkeeper from query
Qualifications runs scored greater than or equal to 100  remove runs scored greater than or equal to 100 from query
Ordered by batting average (descending)
Page 1 of 1 Showing 1 - 6 of 6   First pageFirst Previous pagePrevious Next Next page Last Last page dblBakArwB.gifReturn to query menu
dblBakArwW.gifCleared query menu
Overall figures
Player Span Mat Inns NO Runs HS AveDescending BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s  
RR Pant 2018-2019 7 13 1 512 159* 42.66 725 70.62 2 0 1 51 11 investigate this query
MS Dhoni 2006-2014 32 60 5 1731 92 31.47 3138 55.16 0 13 6 231 17 investigate this query
D Dasgupta 2001-2001 2 4 0 114 63 28.50 443 25.73 0 1 0 12 0 investigate this query
KD Karthik 2007-2018 4 7 1 128 63 21.33 307 41.69 0 1 2 16 0 investigate this query
PA Patel 2002-2018 10 17 3 268 62 19.14 595 45.04 0 1 3 37 0 investigate this query
WP Saha 2012-2018 4 8 0 119 35 14.87 321 37.07 0 0 2 9 2 investigate this query

Man played on Pattas lol such a deceiving stat

13 hours ago, NameGoesHere said:

Saha any day of the week, and Sundays to spare.

He's by far the better keeper, in fact by an order of magnitude.

And given how the ball seems (as read on cricinfo) to be moving, I don't see Pant scoring enough over Saha to make a difference. 

Whereas I do see Pant dropping or missing a few, where Saha may even take a few blinders to even out the game. 

That's the call I'd take.

I agree.

3 hours ago, Adamant said:

How many catches did pant drop in australia.? I cant remember even a single one. 

Similarly he was quite good in windies. 

He holds the record for most catches taken in a single match. 

For heavens sake he is pant not kamran akmal. 

The fact that you are comparing him to Akmal shows his standards in first place. Afridi once holds fastest 100 record. Does that mean he is a best batsmen ? lol  That record doesn't mean anything other than full credits to the bowlers. 

19 hours ago, NameGoesHere said:

Saha any day of the week, and Sundays to spare.

He's by far the better keeper, in fact by an order of magnitude.

And given how the ball seems (as read on cricinfo) to be moving, I don't see Pant scoring enough over Saha to make a difference. 

Whereas I do see Pant dropping or missing a few, where Saha may even take a few blinders to even out the game. 

That's the call I'd take.

Pant was amazing in the overseas tours, particularly against pace. He took some amazing impossible takes during that time. I love how team management has convinced gullible people he is a poor keeper just because his confidence has dropped. Mission accomplished I guess 

2 hours ago, New guy said:

Pant was amazing in the overseas tours, particularly against pace. He took some amazing impossible takes during that time. I love how team management has convinced gullible people he is a poor keeper just because his confidence has dropped. Mission accomplished I guess 

I'm not saying Pant's a poor keeper, just that Saha is far better based on what we can see as recent form.  

Pant's confidence is something that ultimately only Pant can handle.  My comparison isn't based on whatever TM thinks of him.  It's what I have seen. 

14 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

I'm not saying Pant's a poor keeper, just that Saha is far better based on what we can see as recent form.  

Pant's confidence is something that ultimately only Pant can handle.  My comparison isn't based on whatever TM thinks of him.  It's what I have seen. 

Yes Saha is maybe our best all time keeper. Yet we preferred MSD over him in tests. In SENA we need the extra batting help, particularly because they often prefer to play with 5 bowlers