T20: Eng Top 5

zen

And compare this with our top 5 

1)Rohit(who takes time to go berserk but still a monster)

2)Dhawan(piss poor)

3)Kohli(can carry you through but not threatening offlate)

4)Rahul(fits in well)

5)Iyer(he too takes time)

4 out of five take time to play their shots considering the game is so fast we don't stand a chance against teams like Eng,Wi,Aus

I very much liked Butler getting a go at top,they are utilizing his explosiveness in best possible way,where teams like Eng,Aus have been quite with their innovative approach in the shortest format we have strangulated ourselves with same old conservative approach

Pant ,who  still remains clueless about his role and future tells you about the sorry state of affairs

8 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

2)Dhawan(piss poor)

4)Rahul(fits in well)

4 out of five take time to play their shots considering the game is so fast we don't stand a chance against teams like Eng,Wi,Aus

I very much liked Butler getting a go at top,they are utilizing his explosiveness in best possible way,where teams like Eng,Aus have been quite with their innovative approach in the shortest format we have strangulated ourselves with same old conservative approach

Pant ,who  still remains clueless about his role and future tells you about the sorry state of affairs

Dhawan is not even a good T20 player and should not be in the lineup. Rahul should open instead with Rohit. We should get Pant and Pandya at 5, 6 and that's pretty good. Infact we should have the flexibility between Iyer, Pant And Pandya to bat anywhere between 4-6 depending on match situation, what kind of bowlers have more overs left, things like that. That ofcourse means team management has to process data real time and take dynamic decisions which Sastri is incapable of doing. 

19 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

2)Dhawan(piss poor)

4)Rahul(fits in well)

Shaw and Pant are must in t20s for me.  Quickfire 30s are invaluable in this format. While we're arguing about their techniques and temperament, others have forged such players into their core. We are always a step behind the rest of the cricketing world.

Bairstow and Roy hit straight and most often than not find the boundary. Bairstow is more dangerous I believe. If you get past them, you will find Morgan, Buttler. These guys hit sixes within 4-5 balls. There is no settling down. Ali and Jordan can also hit big and they have Stokes to carry them through. Incredible freak team. 

SA looked like restricting them to 170 at one stage but Ali’s freak innings and Stokes hitting in the end made all the difference. SA have QDK to hit big 6’s but once you get him out, not much resistance. I don’t see anyone beating them in T20 WC.We will be thrashed by them.

Virat kohli is  GOAT t20i batsman.

Rahul,Rohit,Kohli ,our top 3 are even better than england.

How can anyone doubt kohli's big hitting ability,remember the last two world cups,lets hope he finds that insane form again.

I have doubts over iyers ability to score against good fast bowling lineup.Pant should be our no.5 batsman,he can emulate eoin morgan

10 hours ago, zen said:

Roy

Buttler

Bairstow

Morgan

Stokes (pressure situation player)

If the top 4 are in good hitting form in the T20 WC20, things could get terribly insane for other teams :fear1:

I said this before last ODI WC and i'm saying it again. I'll be surprised if england don't win the t20 world cup.

Teams like Eng and WI back and pack their 11 with big hitters. So if a couple of them click, they can create havoc 

Ind only plays like 1-2 big hitters who can get going immediately. So have to hope that the big hitters are not only consistent (which is tough for high SR players) but also fire at a high SR. The blockers play most of the overs and can get out after wasting balls, which means even more work for the big hitters, who when faced with a relatively more difficult can fail. When they fail, they are dropped creating more pressure on them 

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

How can anyone doubt kohli's big hitting ability,remember the last two world cups,lets hope he finds that insane form again.

I have doubts over iyers ability to score against good fast bowling lineup.Pant should be our no.5 batsman,he can emulate eoin morgan

It doesn't really matter much if our top 3 is better than theirs (It's debatable really, not very much in it) if they end up with 6-7 such equally good batsmen. It's a numbers game really, they back each of their batsman to keep having a go which means they eat up less balls individually and collectively as a whole. All of this also limits the dependency on a few individuals unlike us. So simply they have a greater chance of success as far as batting is concerned.

Eng also seems to be struggling to find the right combo or batting order. Too many good players but few spots available. Interesting which combo they will finalize for WT20. I think even in the absence of Archer, their bowling is looking good. 

Just scary to think of the resources available when you see Hales not even in the 15.

1 hour ago, Stan AF said:

I said this before last ODI WC and i'm saying it again. I'll be surprised if england don't win the t20 world cup.

Their bowling is equally poor. Even the depleted Saffies almost chased a 200 plus score against them. T20 is a format where you can’t predict anything. England has the firepower to chase anything. But their bowling is equally generous.

2 hours ago, Adamant said:

Didnt Iyer smoked Starc of all people recently ?

Rohit sharma is one of the greatest 6 hitter of  the present gen. 

Put  Rabada,Cummins,Starc and give w challenge to hit max 6s in a contest and pretty sure Rohit will Trump even hacks like Russell etc.

However Apart from Rohit and to some extent Rahul we don’t have a 6 hitter. Pandya May be but no way he is going to hit 140+ pacers for 6s consistently in Aus conditions in fact especially after his long rehab.