In modern day cricket, it's OK to go for runs: Shardul Thakur

Cricwala

This guy highlights the fundamental issue with Indian cricket. Batsman cannot bowl and Bowlers cannot bat. Shardul has got chances in recent past because he adds supposed depth to the batting order. 

Virat Kohli surely is a wonderful judge and utilizer of fast bowlers but he is hamstrung to go in with mediocre bowlers like Shardul in the name of balance. May be Shardul's days are numbered now but the fundamental issue remains. 

Obviously Virat is also to be blamed as the problem is persistent in his tenure.

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

227 रन लुटाने वाले गेंदबाज ने कहा- मैं जिताऊंगा टीम इंडिया को टी20 वर्ल्ड कप

https://hindi.news18.com/news/sports/cricket-shardul-thakur-says-he-can-help-india-to-win-t20-world-cup-in-australia-2872036.html

full marks for headline 

7 hours ago, Cricwala said:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/news/in-modern-day-cricket-its-ok-to-go-for-runs-shardul-thakur/articleshow/74185178.cms

"It is OK to go for runs. As a bowler, you can't end up bowling extraordinary spells every time you go out to bowl. The idea is that if I am going to go for 20 runs in a particular over, then I should be able to bring the runs down to 16, 14 or 15 in the next over."

"Certainly I have my eyes on World Cup. The positivity that I bring into the game and the amount of confidence I have, the way I am passionate about the game will help the team to win the World Cup or at least do the job fairly," 

:adore::laugh:

does a **** job in cricket

says its ok to do that, will try to make a less shitty job but still ****, but still wants to go to world cup because he is confident of at least doing his job fairly. 

entitled mumbaikar.  

pathetic.

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

I don't think any other cricketer ever, In the history of cricket, has given such a shameful interview.

Where does this sense of entitlement come from  !!

As pathetic as this was, worst one will always be Azhar's interview during match-fixing saga where he was crying conspiracy and playing the minority card. A guy who led  us in 3 WCs, imagine....

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

I don't think any other cricketer ever, In the history of cricket, has given such a shameful interview.

Where does this sense of entitlement come from  !!

It comes from the poor role models running the show. He pales in comparison to the "best team when playing abroad ever" bluster of Bevda and the "scoreline doesn't reflect competitiveness", "45 minutes that cost us the world cup" claims by Birat. 

11 hours ago, Cricwala said:

Certainly I have my eyes on World Cup. The positivity that I bring into the game and the amount of confidence I have, the way I am passionate about the game will help the team to win the World Cup or at least do the job fairly,

i wonder if these are the words that Virat and Ashtray used when addressing Thakur or junior team members.