Day 3 (T2) predictions

Gollum

6 hours ago, Adamant said:

and yes we are winning this match.

Don't undertand the doom and gloom here. Back our batsmen, the flattest batting conditions in the world FFS, unless we commit harakiri no way how we won't score a humongous total in the next 2 days. NZ had the chance to seal the deal today, but our bowlers fought well. Just hope we get them ao under a session tomorrow, then literally a child's play to score 500-550 with our deep batting order. 

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

@sandeep what's funny bro? Be positive :isalute:

Hard to be positive at the moment.  It was the Shaw'ty century prediction that made me laugh.

Let's just hope you are right and I'm wrong.  The first 2 days have been quite disappointing.  Knowing the history of Indian tours, I should have kept my expectations low, but 165 all out and a 50 run lead with plenty of wickets left to take.  It ain't looking good, and in spite of myself, I found myself expecting India to perform a lot better in this test.  

They can still bounce back, but its an uphill climb.  Like I said, I hope I'm wrong.

17 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Hard to be positive at the moment.  It was the Shaw'ty century prediction that made me laugh.

Let's just hope you are right and I'm wrong.  The first 2 days have been quite disappointing.  Knowing the history of Indian tours, I should have kept my expectations low, but 165 all out and a 50 run lead with plenty of wickets left to take.  It ain't looking good, and in spite of myself, I found myself expecting India to perform a lot better in this test.  

They can still bounce back, but its an uphill climb.  Like I said, I hope I'm wrong.

On the bright side, we played nowhere near our best, luck was totally on their side and still they haven't run away with the game. With their top 5 dismissed and new ball due in 8 overs, chance to knock them out cheaply. Sunny weather forecast for next 2 days, pitch getting increasingly easier, Pant at #7, law of averages for our batsmen...we are very much in the game. Only concern is that our top order may have some mental block against their new ball bowlers, if we get through the first 10-15 overs without much damage we can pile on the misery. 

7 hours ago, Adamant said:

Nz allout 265

India 220/2.

New Zealand 300 ALL OUT...

India 200 for 3....Mayank Aggarwal , Vihari and Virat will top score. Prithvi will fail...he is not good against swing and even bounce would be hard for him to manage. Pujara would play slow and finally fall. Rahane could also score and Rishabh has a lot of talent but what do i say about a batsman's mind if he gets RUN OUT in a TEST Match ( in a situation when no one is looking to take risky singles).

India May Loose this TEST Match( why: Our Pacers are not looking in genuine fast bowling form and ashwin is turning the ball but if the pitch does not deteriorate and he fails in second innings , we have no chance).

I apologise for giving a Negative response ( for a change). i will be happiest if i am proved wrong.