This team has no business losing any match

I have been consistently and unwaveringly positive about Indian cricket for decades now.  I cannot dream of doing 0.01% of what these sportsmen do and I have immense respect for their hard work. 

But there is something about this test defeat that is disconcerting. Cricket is the undisputed emperor of sports in India.  Not only with regard to fan support, but also with regard to how much money is invested in players and facilities.  Back when I was growing up, we at least had the excuse that our facilities and infrastructure were not as good as the other teams.  That our fitness levels were poor because we didn't have a fitness culture.  None of that is true anymore.  India has the best of best facilities and fitness and nutrition know-how.  Our upcoming players are - generally speaking - as athletic and fit as anyone.  Unlike in previous decades, they are not meek and can mentally and physically stand up to any of their opponents.  Most importantly, there is so much young, cricketing talent coming out of the country, especially at the Under-19 and A-levels.  Our fast-bowling attack has been the best for a couple of years now.  

So, how can a team with all these advantages capitulate meekly to a team from a nation that has fewer total human beings than Bengaluru has software engineers, and where cricket is not even the number 1 sport?  It is unfathomable and dare I say inexcusable.  I just don't get it.

Because my friend, Cricket is a sport of 11 + 11 individuals on the field. Population doesn’t matter.

Having said that, Kohli’s response after the second ODI loss was pretty poor. I thought the Indian team plays every game to win. It is definitely not having a talent/skills that is the issue. It is the unwillingness to acknowledge that there are weak areas that is concerning.

In SENA because of conditions, it is more like 5-6 (as fringe players are rendered out of equation) vs 10-11 (home advantage) 

The big players have to step it up big time to cover for a lack of depth. For e.g. in Ind even Ashwin and Jadeja are like match winner, while in SENA, they may not even get into the other team’s squad

Have to learn from likes of Hadlee and Crowe on how to deliver big time

Since subcon teams have the largest fan following, they can overrate their team and players. At times, it can become a case of empty vessels making the most noise. Teams don’t win based on strength on paper (that too based on subcon conditions)