Is this an irony???

Legend

last time when we went to wc, we had displayed a very sick performance in nz, and no one expected us to reach the final of wc 03.. what i remember is that, when i used to get up @ 4 am Ist(Indian standard time), then i used to turn on the tv and chk star sports and would notice, that Indians are following on, or would see India 40 for 6 zaheer khan and yuvi batting.. to add more, worse was, when we played our warm up game of world cup against some south african domestic team, i think it was qua zulu, then we lost to them too... Now here is our South African tour,, lookz like this is going on same track.. to note, this the last tour before world cup.... will this irony lead us to the Final of the world cup 07 in caribean?????????????

Re: Is this an irony??? Tendulkar's batting these days reminds me of Azharuddin's terrible run in '91-'92 just before the WC. Looks okay but doesn't score. Some terrific deliveries, well timed strokes going straight to fielder's hands, leading to some problems in technique. Hopefully, he'll come out of it as Azhar did with a superb '92 WC.

Re: Is this an irony??? A lot of teams have had bad run up to world cup and just been the best team in the championship. The ODIs fortunes are always up and down. Look at Sri Lanka, they beat England in every game in England and looked favorites for ICC champions trophy. We all know what happened to them. NZ is a great example too. Just before the 1992 world cup Nz lost to England at home both in ODIs and test series. There were calls to drop Martin Crowe as captain but once the WC started NZ were the best team. Although NZ lost the semi finals they still were the best team in WC 1992. I think India lacks mix of experience and youth. Recently they have woken up to the fact they need fair bit of experience and have brought in Anil Kumble and Zaheer. They should do the same for the batting, bring in some experience.

Re: Is this an irony???

A lot of teams have had bad run up to world cup and just been the best team in the championship. The ODIs fortunes are always up and down. Look at Sri Lanka, they beat England in every game in England and looked favorites for ICC champions trophy. We all know what happened to them. NZ is a great example too. Just before the 1992 world cup Nz lost to England at home both in ODIs and test series. There were calls to drop Martin Crowe as captain but once the WC started NZ were the best team. Although NZ lost the semi finals they still were the best team in WC 1992. I think India lacks mix of experience and youth. Recently they have woken up to the fact they need fair bit of experience and have brought in Anil Kumble and Zaheer. They should do the same for the batting, bring in some experience.
Don't you think we have enough experienced players for batting....SRT and Dravid i think are enough. but what we do need is just some batting talent period....Raina dosn't seem like the guy who can play at this level....he needs to go to county cricket get used to short stuff and then come back to International....i'm sure there is someone in India that can play at this level.....what happened to all the Under19 guys i'm sure someone can stake a claim at playing at this level...

Re: Is this an irony??? number one problem is team selection.... jus like how u dont change a captain or coach 4 months before a world cup, how the FACK do u change the SELECTOR.... vengy and more's wavelengths are poles apart and our team looks ridiculous...