WT20 will complete the captaincy life cycle for Kohli- views on results?

maniac

So far

SENA tests

Lost in SA

Lost in Eng

Won 2-1 in Aus

Now obviously no series win in Nzl

WC

Semis

CT

Finals

I think it’s almost time to move on. WT20 is his last chance.

now comparing with other captains 

Ganguly

SENA tests

lost in SA

lost in Nzl

Drew in Aus

Drew in Eng

special mention: won in Pak vs Pak a first.

WC

finals

CT

won

Dhoni

SENA tests

SA - drew once, lost once

Aus- lost and lost

Nzl- Won and Lost

Eng- Lost and Lost

WC

Won and Semis

CT

Lost in FR and Won

WT20

Won,Lost in FR 3 times, Finals, Semis

Dravid

SA- lost but won a test which was a first

Eng- won

WC

First round

CT

first round 

Azhar

SENA

Aus-Lost in 92 didn’t  captain in 1999

Eng- lost and lost

Nzl- lost and lost

SA- lost in 92-93 didn’t captain in 1996

WC

First Round, Semis and First Round

So looks like most captains have only one lifecycle of SENA, WC,WT20,CT Apart from Dhoni and Azhar and as we can see usually it is diminishing returns mostly and a fresh change as always helped for example Azhar failed in 92 but in 1996-97 under Sachin we almost won a test and Sachin was a fresh captain then.

Similarly Dhoni in 2007 WT20 and 2011 WC was good but then after that it was just a debacle every time.

Our greatest captain Ganguly never captained twice in his Captaincy lifecycle of the above mentioned criteria.

I think WT20 has to be the last chance for Kohli. If he wins another shot or else has to be done

Edited by maniac

I think Kohli will hold on till the Test Championship. When India lose to Australia at Lords, then he will finally be removed.

India are not remotely winning the T20 World Cup. There is daylight between Australia's best and India's best. The only remote chance India would have of beating Australia is if India chase and Hitman has a day out and bats in beast mode. Not impossible, but unlikely.

49 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

I think Kohli will hold on till the Test Championship. When India lose to Australia at Lords, then he will finally be removed.

India are not remotely winning the T20 World Cup. There is daylight between Australia's best and India's best. The only remote chance India would have of beating Australia is if India chase and Hitman has a day out and bats in beast mode. Not impossible, but unlikely.

Don’t worry. He’s going nowhere even if we lose next year at Lords.

Wait, have we even qualified yet for the World Test Championship final?

I dont judge captain by result but by how he uses his resources avl . This where Kohli will always fall short for me as he had the most and didnt utilize it well. 

In LOI, Kohli as captain is nowere close to dhoni. 

In test cricket i feel he has been let down by his core batting pujara n rahane down overseas. Sadly Vijay also faced his dip which is not kohli fault. Wasting time on dhawan is on him . 

9 hours ago, Adi_91 said:

Don’t worry. He’s going nowhere even if we lose next year at Lords.

Wait, have we even qualified yet for the World Test Championship final?

We will qualify I am sure of that. But we definitely will not beat Australia at Lords.

Just watch Australia absolutely mentally disintegrate this Indian team next summer. They are playing cricket at another level.

21 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

We will qualify I am sure of that. But we definitely will not beat Australia at Lords.

Just watch Australia absolutely mentally disintegrate this Indian team next summer. They are playing cricket at another level.

India and Australia look prime contenders to be in the final. 

Remaining India games before the final are all right ones. India tours Australia and England come visiting India. The former, I am certain we aren’t winning. It all comes down to the last series.

1 hour ago, Sgattick10 said:

Unfortunately yes, atleast in test matches. No young player has been groomed to take over. In ODIs there's few options like Rohit, Rahul even Bumraah.

That and some of you don’t realise how powerful he is . Only way we will have another captain is if he steps down and from what we have seen with him in RCB , irrespective of the results he’s not the kind who will do that ...India anyway will win lots of bilaterals and home test matches , so he will have enough to look good statistically even if we continue to suck when it really matters