Cricket is a game of angles - Rahane

zen

"You need self-belief as a player and a batsman," he said. "Even if the pitch is or isn't doing much you need to showcase to the bowler that I've come to counterattack. That doesn't mean you need to play lots of shots, it may be subtle changes like stepping out or walking down the pitch. If the batsman can show that intent then it puts the doubt in the bowlers' mind, he has to think how he can adjust.

"On pitches that are damp or seam around, it is important to use the angles. I believe cricket is a game of angles, the better you can use the angles as a bowler or a batsman the greater chance of success. But to change or adjust those angles there are times you need to be instinctive while you are batting.

"It can mean standing on off stump, or standing outside the crease, or staying deep inside the crease - like if it is a pitch for the cut shot then you can stand deeper in the crease. This is the mental side of the game that the batsman and bowlers need to play. For me as a batsman, it is important you show your intent to the bowler; if you stand in one spot then the bowler doesn't need to change anything. These are small things we have been working on in practice and how to use the crease and the angles. Doesn't matter how much you practice, you must trust or have the belief to be able to do it in the middle." 

Link

23 hours ago, zen said:

The pitch is a rectangle, the ground a circle

Create angles to work a miracle

Rahane in SENA is a dump

Needs to use his angles to score with a thump 

Angles have led you back to the pavilion 

Time to forgot the angles and hit the vermillion 

ok, so what are the averages of other Indian batsman in sena?