How is your city/state reacting to this Pandemic Corona

Cricketics

12 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Meanwhile, just like during the Tsunami, Kerala floods, soul vultures are on the prowl. Is it ok if they are distributing masks to the targeted poor? Why can’t they do it to all without preaching. Unfortunately, we are all busy fighting  a global pandemic.

Brainwashed idiots thinking they are doing something 'good'.  Morons.

33 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

That guy has been arrested, he is no less terrorist than that Mallu Al-Hindi. Khopadi tod daale ki...

Might be an extremist, but methinks he is more of an idiot. We don't have time for idiots now, good that police took action, sends a message to other prospective attention seekers. 

24 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Meanwhile, just like during the Tsunami, Kerala floods, soul vultures are on the prowl. Is it ok if they are distributing masks to the targeted poor? Why can’t they do it to all without preaching. Unfortunately, we are all busy fighting  a global pandemic.

Bhai, they did the same with Nepal earthquake victims, was unfortunate to see some of those videos that time, pure cringe. I am grateful that these guys are helping, just hope they realize some day that they could have been more classy and respectful. 

27 minutes ago, sandeep said:

All Indian grocery stores in NJ have announced they are shutting down for 10 days from Monday - my friend tells me this is to qualify for stimulus funds under the recent $2 trillion bill passed by US - apparently today there are mobs of panicked buyers at the stores, 2 hour lines.  Madness.  

Pathetic on management of some of these grocery stores if their intention is to get the benefits. Some of these stores already pay their workers  under the table and save enough tax money and have alredy made a lot of profits in past 3 weeks with sudden surge, and now if they are going to this extent then its pathetic, because we do know that these stores will be back in business moment they recieve the cheques as grocery stores come under essential business and owners of many such stores haven't closed it up till now and will be back agail. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Pathetic on management of some of these grocery stores if their intention is to get the benefits. Some of these stores already pay their workers  under the table and save enough tax money and have alredy made a lot of profits in past 3 weeks with sudden surge, and now if they are going to this extent then its pathetic, because we do know that these stores will be back in business moment they recieve the cheques as grocery stores come under essential business and owners of many such stores haven't closed it up till now and will be back agail. 

They are unlikely to pay their employees during the shutdown either. Very typical desi mentality. 

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

They are unlikely to pay their employees during the shutdown either. Very typical desi mentality. 

yep under the table folks , that's never happening. 

It is pathetic. I am all for shutting it down, but then shut it down like other stores and don't bring it back up until emergency is removed. If they try to comeback, before, need to be heavily charged. Examples should be set.  

9 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

yep under the table folks , that's never happening. 

It is pathetic. I am all for shutting it down, but then shut it down like other stores and don't bring it back up until emergency is removed. If they try to comeback, before, need to be heavily charged. Examples should be set.  

Nothing can be done - this is very basic white collar fraud, but its all legal.  

Customers will suffer inconvenience, maybe some of the stores will pay their employees during shut-down, but I doubt it.  

45 minutes ago, sandeep said:

All Indian grocery stores in NJ have announced they are shutting down for 10 days from Monday - my friend tells me this is to qualify for stimulus funds under the recent $2 trillion bill passed by US - apparently today there are mobs of panicked buyers at the stores, 2 hour lines.  Madness.  

Not all, only Patel Bros. Others might follow soon. Anyway, I stopped going these since two weeks. We get rice, dal and frozen vegs from Costco. Too many Indians violating SDing breathing down on your neck in those stores, plus very filthy and unhygenic. We can survive with very little Indian groceries, these days.

25 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Too many Indians violating SDing breathing down on your neck in those stores

so true.  However - mask adoption is much higher in Indian stores - staff and customers - unlike Costco.  We are used to buying veggies from desi store, but that can be managed with the usual Shoprites, Costco etc.  And luckily we are OK on Dal, rice, and other lentils/beans.  

26 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Not all, only Patel Bros. Others might follow soon.

Watch them - everybody will want to get on that gravy train. 

47 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Nothing can be done - this is very basic white collar fraud, but its all legal.  

Customers will suffer inconvenience, maybe some of the stores will pay their employees during shut-down, but I doubt it.  

Unintended consequences of gowrnament benevolence.  

Same thing will happen when the country slowly (or phaashtly) moves to sarkaari control of healthcare.  More loopholes, more babugiri, more corruption, less efficiency.  Feel the Bern, boyz!

Edited by Param Mastishk Pheeka