How is your city/state reacting to this Pandemic Corona

Cricketics

29 minutes ago, sandeep said:

If its contact from known patients, that is not a danger sign - yet.

It's irritating that most of these are because of a group of Thailand preachers were allowed to tour all over the country for religious reasons on the pretext of tourism..that too at this time of the year..

Edited by The Dark Horse

The mass exodus of migrants is something that government has not foreseen and has to be counted as a huge policy failure. Some of these people could already have the virus and could possibly be spreading it to others as they are quarantined outside the state borders before entering. Thousands of people congregating at one place is something that has to be avoided at this moment but the government's policy has itself led to this situation.  Lockdown is definitely required but implementing it well is what's needed.

Edited by kubrickian

1 hour ago, FischerTal said:

I think we shouldn't assume anything at this point, thats what most countries where hoping for but its now warmer then January in  alomost all countreis and still spreading at faster rate (Singapore, Thailand who had infection before Italy)  and MERS and SARS are not much go by as they were not fast spreading like COV19

I hope report is correct but I think there is no still no evidence conclude it . just it might not survive in surface in hot temperature for long 

1 hour ago, rising said:

I think we shouldn't assume anything at this point, thats what most countries where hoping for but its now warmer then January in  alomost all countreis and still spreading at faster rate (Singapore, Thailand who had infection before Italy)  and MERS and SARS are not much go by as they were not fast spreading like COV19

I hope report is correct but I think there is no still no evidence conclude it . just it might not survive in surface in hot temperature for long 

Even an MIT study confirmed this. Not saying virus will not spread at all but higher temperatures will slow down its spread compared to colder climates.

https://www.businesstoday.in/current/economy-politics/warm-humid-weather-linked-to-slower-spread-of-coronavirus-says-mit-study/story/399299.html

15 hours ago, rising said:

We are still in March so temperatures are rising but heat is only near tropics at this point.

Edited by rkt.india

Telangana will be coronavirus free by April 7th.

On April 8th life will return to normal in Hyderabad. We will be roaming on the roads, hugging each other, hugging on the roads while you folks will still be in lockdown.

KCR ki Jai. He singlehandedly defeated Corona.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, nikred said:

Telangana will be coronavirus free by April 7th.

On April 8th life will return to normal in Hyderabad. We will be roaming on the roads, hugging each other, hugging on the roads while you folks will still be in lockdown.

KCR ki Jai. He singlehandedly defeated Corona.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

That's because coronavirus became emotional of inclusivity of the Indian culture and refused to spread infection further. 

22 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Why can’t they shame the government without insulting the national flag?

EUMOEUzUEAA_QDb?format=jpg&name=large

Vidya Krishnan will soon leave the likes of Burkha and Rana in the dust as far as spewing venom about India in the Western media is concerned. The push she is getting can be compared to the one Brock Lesner got when he basically became the face of Smackdown within 6 months of his debut.

Coronavirus | 200 people from Nizamuddin develop symptoms; area cordoned off

2,000 people attended Nizamuddin congregation

New Delhi, Mar 30 (PTI) Over 2,000 delegates, including from Indonesia and Malaysia, attended the Tabligh-e-Jamaat congregation in Nizamuddin West from March 1-15, officials said on Monday as the south Delhi neighbourhood was virtually sealed following fears that some people may have contracted COVID-19. 

Delhi Police and CRPF officials and medical teams went to the locality late on Sunday night after reports that a large number of people were showing symptoms of the disease, the officials said.

The entire area, which includes residences and the headquarters of the Tabligh-e-Jamaat, a Muslim religious organisation, was virtually cut off.

The joint Delhi Police-CRPF-medical team has been checking people and shifting them to designated hospitals for quarantining, the officials said.

Alarm bells started ringing after a man in his 60s who had attended the congregation succumbed to COVID-19 in Srinagar last week.

According to officials, there were several smaller congregations culminating in the big meeting at the headquarters of the organisation, which shares its wall with the Nizamuddin police station and is adjacent to the famous shrine of Khwaja Nizamuddin Auliya. The congregation was attended by preachers from several countries, including Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Dubai, Uzbekistan and Malaysia. About 600 Indians from different parts of the country also participated.

The Indian members of the group left on trains and flights. Contacts of a few cases that were identified in several parts of the country were traced to the congregation, the officials said.

Buses have been kept in readiness for shifting people to quarantine centres. Hotels in the area that had housed people from the congregation have been sealed. On March 24, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a three-day nationwide lockdown to curtail the spread of the disease.

Delhi Police has been using drones for surveillance to check any violations in the area.