How is your city/state reacting to this Pandemic Corona

Cricketics

2 hours ago, The Dark Horse said:

They need to declare holiday for schools, colleges and malls. I don't know why edappadi is taking so much time to announce it. Almost all states around us have done so..

Edappadi represents every govt worker. Velai pannanuma sirappa pannidalam sir koncham tea sappittu velaiya thodanguren. After tea, then bajji, then lunch :laugh:, then some rest, then next day and another. I'm saying the govt is proactive compared to earlier govts. Don't even compare TN to other states. I know KTK, MH and GUJ are better not just economically but also in disaster preparation. We all know how Chennai floods was being handled a few years ago. Admittedly Jaya was in hospital and she was hesitant to delegate control to lower authorities. I have to take this as a positive :dance:

13 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Its good to be precautionary but staying indoors is not practical. Even with this scare and most people have seen whats going on in Italy, Germany, USA and obviously China. I had to renew the license and had to go to the RTO. There were your odd coughs you can't do anything about it. Btw don't panic. March is usually the time of colds and coughs in Chennai.

I have observed this as well,anywhere you go there are bound to be 4 or 5 people coughing,they wont cover their mouth let alone wear a mask,how do you even distinguish between the normal cold and this coronavirus.

Health minister says that TN is corona free but this is hard to believe given the huge influx of people from other countries/states,I fear not having a strong leadership like Pinarayi or BSY would cost us.

3 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Edappadi represents every govt worker. Velai pannanuma sirappa pannidalam sir koncham tea sappittu velaiya thodanguren. After tea, then bajji, then lunch :laugh:, then some rest, then next day and another. I'm saying the govt is proactive compared to earlier govts. Don't even compare TN to other states. I know KTK, MH and GUJ are better not just economically but also in disaster preparation. We all know how Chennai floods was being handled a few years ago. Admittedly Jaya was in hospital and she was hesitant to delegate control to lower authorities. I have to take this as a positive :dance:

Actually edappadi is quite a good administrator in terms of getting things done. Now they have declared holiday upto grade 5, and malls in bordering districts..IMO he should have done it for all grades except for maybe public exams..

5 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

2 hours ago, The Dark Horse said:

Actually edappadi is quite a good administrator in terms of getting things done. Now they have declared holiday upto grade 5, and malls in bordering districts..IMO he should have done it for all grades except for maybe public exams..

#EPS The Boss :dance:

#EPS The Mass :dance:

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Meanwhile in UK...

Stay safe UK based ICFers.

What I heard from that bald headed cvnt is

1. even out the virus outbreak and spread it out so that they don't have a "peak" flu season in winter

2. 60% people having it constitutes "herd" immunity (Interesting word in quotes. Will talk about that later).

3. Virus is more dangerous in small groups rather than large gatherings :noidea:

My response to those points

1. If its an epidemic that threatens to affect population across the world and cause economic slowdown, would it matter if it spreads out until winter which is another 6+ months away. What if it kills a bunch of people in summer. Are they relying on broscience that warmer temps will slow down the virus. If its so, then it should be actual science not broscience and this needs to be taught in all schools. They are controlling information so that when we say it, its broscience and when they say it, its science because they have written some papers.

2. So if everybody gets the virus and becomes a seasonal flu, whats all the fuss then. This sounds like bro science from the chief scientific advisor of the great make benefit nation of englund. The herd keyword is troubling me. how can some expert come to the national news and utter a word that is meant for animals. So do the elite think of humans as cattle. Interesting choice of words there mr.advisor

3. I sincerely believe he is just BSing here. He is paid to get the info across to the masses. I don't think he is even a scientist either. Look at him talk. Looks like he is reading from a script. His eyes are down and moving slightly from the right to left from our POV.

This newscast is another type of propaganda where this will create a sense of panic among the people and they will demand antivirus vaccination which will have the virus. They are playing a game here. Tell them there is a boogie virus which will kill everyone and their mother in law. later they tell everyone to take it easy and receive virus and participate in large gatherings. people have seen too much scary news this month, they will be in the mythical region of panicstan right now. Its a 1-2 punch. Right before the blow from the right comes the hook from the left. In cricketing terms, set the field deep for the hook, bowl bouncers and slip a full one or a yorker to get the wicket.

It seems like life is going on aa normal in Chennai. No reactions at all. Only today were holidays announced , and even then for only till class V. Everything's open still. TN govt doesn't want to do anything it seems until something actually happens. 

I don’t know if I should be worried that the government are ok with millions dying here with their herd immunity theory..
UK showing the sort of clinical ruthlessness that made them rule the entire world..for their sake I hope they have made the right decision

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

It's all down to the next couple of weeks then.

Indian numbers wont change a lot if we are going to continue the rate of our current testing and that would lead us to a false sense of security which would be catastrophe.

So far, we have done what, may be 7000 tests overall,  which some countries arw doing in a daily basis. 100+ cases for 7000 tests,  is not a safer number. 

Hope we speed up the testing.

On 3/13/2020 at 11:15 AM, someone said:

I feel masks are ineffective if other people around arent wearing them. Masks help in preventing your germs from getting outside, rather than the other way around.

Nevertheless, masks can still helpful as you touch your face less which is very important to do...

Hopefully , in India, people start wearing masks and get more aware...

I think N95 mask would protect against Germs entering from out side. So even if any  virus in surrounding would not infect through respiratory if one is wearing N95 mask.