How is your city/state reacting to this Pandemic Corona

Cricketics

6 minutes ago, raki05 said:

I think N95 mask would protect against Germs entering from out side. So even if any  virus in surrounding would not infect through respiratory if one is wearing N95 mask.

N95 is more pollution mask, so it filters more, yet it doesnt necessary protect from viruses. In an environment where others arent wearing masks, germs can spread. Thus, need social distancing and if around people, make sure everybody wears masks...

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Local store limits the number individual rolls of toilet paper to 4 per person. Warlike situation, rationing. But read this thread from an Italian , thank your stars, it is not a complete lock down... yet!

More like fear mongering. So basically he is saying if you are not scared, its high time you do. More BS news from twiiter. If someone told you 20 years ago that an online forum on the internet gives you news, you would be laughing your asses off. Now its reality. Also look at the name of the poster. Do you note anything about the name. if you are paying some attention it is from a certain "tribe" that is usually associated with running interference

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

More like fear mongering. So basically he is saying if you are not scared, its high time you do. More BS news from twiiter. If someone told you 20 years ago that an online forum on the internet gives you news, you would be laughing your asses off. Now its reality. Also look at the name of the poster. Do you note anything about the name. if you are paying some attention it is from a certain "tribe" that is usually associated with running interference

But compare the number of deaths in Italy and the news of lock-downs. It sounds real. Too bad, if it happens.

17 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

But compare the number of deaths in Italy and the news of lock-downs. It sounds real. Too bad, if it happens.

Take everything they say with a grain of salt. One of my friends who resides in Europe is a news maniac. He said something that was remarkable and one guy I used to follow a decade back predicted the same thing. My friend said his locality resembles a ghost town and followed it up with "just like the movies". This just like movies thing was predicted by the guy 10 years back. Movies to me are just another brainwash method. I asked my friend how many disaster epidemic movies have you watched. He said many. He has been brainwashed without him knowing. Happens to the best of us. They use something called predictive programming and tells you how to react in those movies. Fear creates humans to behave abnormally and can even turn on themselves. By knowing these things, you can stay neutral on news on the media and social media and arrest the panic among you and those close to you. Keep your guard but don't react to "news"

Edit - You said the news "sounds real" not that you can confirm for sure is real. Can anyone confirm these things happened in Italy. I would be waiting for more evidence so that I can make informed decisions

Edited by Real McCoy

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Take everything they say with a grain of salt. One of my friends who resides in Europe is a news maniac. He said something that was remarkable and one guy I used to follow a decade back predicted the same thing. My friend said his locality resembles a ghost town and followed it up with "just like the movies". This just like movies thing was predicted by the guy 10 years back. Movies to me are just another brainwash method. I asked my friend how many disaster epidemic movies have you watched. He said many. He has been brainwashed without him knowing. Happens to the best of us. They use something called predictive programming and tells you how to react in those movies. Fear creates humans to behave abnormally and can even turn on themselves. By knowing these things, you can stay neutral on news on the media and social media and arrest the panic among you and those close to you. Keep your guard but don't react to "news"

Edit - You said the news "sounds real" not that you can confirm for sure is real. Can anyone confirm these things happened in Italy. I would be waiting for more evidence so that I can make informed decisions

I have a reliable TL which shows RTs only credible ones. I quickly searched, the lock-down in Italy is unprecendented. If not checked with forced isolation, all countries could face. In all previous pandemics, no other disease has earned sucj a lock-down in India, it means that the threat is real.

This is not scare-mongering, but reality in some countries already.

This sh!t is getting serious. Here in UK or Europe in general, its cerfew like situation. People asked to WFH for forseeable future, supermarkets are empty with no handsanitizers or tissue papers, even foods are less available, all sports events and social gatherings cancelled, markets getting a pounding and world is heading towards recession. The situation was probably never as grim since world war 2.

How is it in USA or in India guys? Anyone from Hongkong or SGP here?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

This sh!t is getting serious. Here in UK or Europe in general, its cerfew like situation. People asked to WFH for forseeable future, supermarkets are empty with no handsanitizers or tissue papers, even foods are less available, all sports events and social gatherings cancelled, markets getting a pounding and world is heading towards recession. The situation was probably never as grim since world war 2.

How is it in USA or in India guys? Anyone from Hongkong or SGP here?

same, ive been wfh since last week- any future plans to travel to London are put on hold by me for the foreseeable future.

The Gov has advised people to avoid social contact but not officially closing down bars and pubs. British population are such jhands that as early as 2 days ago that people were packed in a concert or running in a marathon, they have no regard for public health.

same, ive been wfh since last week- any future plans to travel to London are put on hold by me for the foreseeable future.

The Gov has advised people to avoid social contact but not officially closing down bars and pubs. British population are such jhands that as early as 2 days ago that people were packed in a concert or running in a marathon, they have no regard for public health.
Boris just woke up yesterday and people started panicking since. Up until last week people were enjoying in pubs and bars, Cheltenham festival was going on with 70K people attending daily etc. Now it has spread and people are panicking :))

I hate WFH :whine:

On 3/16/2020 at 4:11 AM, someone said:

N95 is more pollution mask, so it filters more, yet it doesnt necessary protect from viruses. In an environment where others arent wearing masks, germs can spread. Thus, need social distancing and if around people, make sure everybody wears masks...

n95 filters 95% of the aerosols so in the absence of p100 or or n99 it will do

21 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

TN gov has done a good job so far @Real McCoy @velu Health minister is frequently updating the situation. Members from WHO have randomly tested if community spreading happens and it was negative. 

Problem is the public. Hope they co-operate in this exercise.

The latest case in chennai is troubling news,apparently the person traveled from Delhi by train but his travel history before or whether he had contact with someone with a international travel history has not been revealed.

3 hours ago, GautiMaan said:

The latest case in chennai is troubling news,apparently the person traveled from Delhi by train but his travel history before or whether he had contact with someone with a international travel history has not been revealed.

Stop following news. Panic causes disease. Its almost like bhumadevi is going to open its mouth to swallow everyone if you watch the news

3 hours ago, GautiMaan said:

Apparently he's a barber from Delhi..they have quarantined him and doing contact tracing for him also. Always trust official source of information and not the news. 

Edit: btw Indian railways has cancelled most of it trains.

Edited by The Dark Horse