How is your city/state reacting to this Pandemic Corona

Cricketics

39 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Good job PM :nice: Although he sounded like an insurance agent in the middle :phehe: Will check surroundings if anybody is out and about :police: But seriously, its an appeal to the public not an order. This will be a good prep if things get serious. Wish that it doesn't get serious :fear1::pray:

Actually it was like the Independence day movie address, just that I had to watch with subtitles :giggle:

Otherwise, it was clear and to the point, wanting the people to drive it rather than ordering it. Best part was thanking doctors, drivers, maids, etc.

3 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Actually it was like the Independence day movie address, just that I had to watch with subtitles :giggle:

Otherwise, it was clear and to the point, wanting the people to drive it rather than ordering it. Best part was thanking doctors, drivers, maids, etc.

Another guy who said it was like a movie :doh: Please lets stop comparing movies to this.

To be honest, this is quite good for a country like India given its massive population and the population's idiotic tendency to not obey orders AT ALL. 

Still, there are not too many major countries in the world right now even with a doubling rate of 5 days. What the govt needs to do for next two weeks is a mandatory Janta Curfew. They have to go into China mode at least until end of April. It will be painful but in my opinion, this is the only way.

Today I found a bus stop were all passengers were standing. reason? The seats in the bus stop were doused I repeat doused with chlorine and other sanitizers so much that people can't sit there. is this necessary :laugh: Often we don't pay attention to sanitation but when we do, we over do it. Cue the dos equis meme

Edit; It wasn't just the bus stop but the entire area within 50m on both sides were inundatd with chlorine so much that you can smell the chlorine :lol:

Edited by Real McCoy

one thing I hoped Modi had done earlier is ban all international flights from last week. this would have helped flatten the curve even more because the govt was hoping people coming from overseas would self quarantine and follow rules. Most of the new cases have been related to people who did not follow self quarantine procedures. I hope GOI learnt lessons and now they will make sure quarantine is mandatory. 

Edited by FischerTal

22 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

5200 cases in NY and 742 in NJ. Sh!t has fit the fan

Given the hype that American intelligence agencies get, you'd think they would have had some resources on the ground in Wuhan that would have warned them about that is to come,but looks like they've been caught with their pants down like everyone else.

1 hour ago, GautiMaan said:

Given the hype that American intelligence agencies get, you'd think they would have had some resources on the ground in Wuhan that would have warned them about that is to come,but looks like they've been caught with their pants down like everyone else.

They did & warned the Senate as well as the dumbass leading the White house, didn't you read that about half a dozen Senators dumped millions of $ worth of stock after receiving closed door Intel on the outbreak in Jan?