Sanjay Manjrekar sacked by Bcci from the commentary team?

2 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

I know he comes up with many negative comments but first with Harsha and now him we see a clear signal being sent for people to tow the line and not to question the "stars". Dont know how that's any better. 

i agree he is $hit and negative all times but doesn't lick as$ of big players every time like others. 

Edited by Nikola
1 hour ago, Vickydev said:

I know he comes up with many negative comments but first with Harsha and now him we see a clear signal being sent for people to tow the line and not to question the "stars". Dont know how that's any better. 

licking arse or not the man wasnt even good at his job and if ur not good at ur job ull get kicked. 

He was a poor commentator , his analysis wasnt great either most times, he cant even present the case of his national player properly, doesnt know domestic players well and most importantly as once harsha said commentators are story tellers and manju is a vry poor one at that who has made public cringe 

47 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

licking arse or not the man wasnt even good at his job and if ur not good at ur job ull get kicked. 

He was a poor commentator , his analysis wasnt great either most times, he cant even present the case of his national player properly, doesnt know domestic players well and most importantly as once harsha said commentators are story tellers and manju is a vry poor one at that who has made public cringe 

I feel VVS is the worst commentator out there and by some margin. Atleast Manju is controversial, VVS is the solution for insomnia. Why doesn't he get the boot? It's clear it's not just about how he does his job, there are worse out there than him. It's because he constantly ruffles feathers and doesn't hold back to anybody.

11 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

I feel VVS is the worst commentator out there and by some margin. Atleast Manju is controversial, VVS is the solution for insomnia. Why doesn't he get the boot? It's clear it's not just about how he does his job, there are worse out there than him. It's because he constantly ruffles feathers and doesn't hold back to anybody.

even LSKR and many Indian commentators are but dont remember anyone make public cringe as much as manju has had. He ruffling player shud affect players but if he affecting the audience well surely he isnt doing his job right 

Manju was sacked for being a poor commie abd not for questioning anyone.

He is extremely biased. Makes personal comments and tries to run down players from India.

He was never a part of Star, he was mostly with Ten, praising pakistanis and others.

It was under the CoA regime,Dian Eduljee times, when he became a fixture in the Star team.

He has made personal remarks on a number of non Mumbai players.

Personally along with his commentary, i have a strong dislike for him since he insulted AB Vajpayee on the day he died. Manju is one of those fake bollywoodia liberal types.

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Nikola said:

Just checked tweets from csk around 2010-11 period and they did tweet similar stuff.

Idk looks like fake but i have seen teams tweet similar stuff back those days.

Link the tweets that you claim are real. And why are you defending manjrekar with csk tweets how are they related ?.  Manju got thrown out for being poor at his job and being biased and negative. It should be welcome. You should not defend him with your regional bias and irrational hate for some random franchaise.

BCCI did the right thing.

How long can a guy keep making Indian fans squirm with his bordering on anti Indian stance and constant disappointments at Indian sucess.

He may be a good analyst but the cost to the fans is too big.

The game is about the followers ,not the biased views of commentators.

He wasn't such a great batsman that followers need to suffer him so long .

6 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Manju was sacked for being a poor commie abd not for questioning anyone.

He is extremely biased. Makes personal comments and tries to run down players from India.

He was never a part of Star, he was mostly with Ten, praising pakistanis and others.

It was under the CoA regime,Dian Eduljee times, when he became a fixture in the Star team.

He has made personal remarks on a number of non Mumbai players.

Personally along with his commentary, i have a strong dislike for him since he insulted AB Vajpayee on the day he died. Manju is one of those fake bollywoodia liberal types.

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk

What did Manjrekar say about AB Vajpayee ??

11 hours ago, Nikola said:

i agree he is $hit and negative all times but doesn't lick as$ of big players every time like others. 

Manju is not the worst at analysing the game actually, though this may be an incredibly unpopular opinion here. He's good at the technical analysis of the game and is not the worst voice to listen to from india. I guess it is probably the bitterness on his part which shines through and what grates people because he is supposed to have underachieved and he blames the powers that be and people like sachin for it. He is never effusive in sachin praise for a guy from mumbai. 

23 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

Manju is not the worst at analysing the game actually, though this may be an incredibly unpopular opinion here. He's good at the technical analysis of the game and is not the worst voice to listen to from india. I guess it is probably the bitterness on his part which shines through and what grates people because he is supposed to have underachieved and he blames the powers that be and people like sachin for it. He is never effusive in sachin praise for a guy from mumbai. 

I have a counter view: In an IPL game, good technical analysis is not what the viewer wants. I really couldn't care less about why the bowler should have bowled an off break delivery or why the fielder at long on should have been at silly on or whatever. I only want my commentators to be lively, fairly witty, and not speak in a drab monotone.

Just on those counts I'd not like to have Manjrekar anywhere near the commentary box. Don't even get me started on Harsha.

Siddhu, Ganguly and Dean Jones added to the fun quotient. Best IPL commentary team.